Monkeybicycle prototypes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello people!
I made these bikes from recycled parts,as prototypes,
i am negotiating with a belgium factory to have them taken in production,
What do you guys think?
http://www.monkeywheels.eu/
DSC09488.jpg

DSC09463.jpg

DSC09501.jpg

DSC09452.jpg

I like the looks of them a lot.

i like the seat tube angle, and the forks arent bad either (i usually dont dig suspension forks). looks like theyre ready to pop some wheelies too !!!

Nice Bikes ... Can I get one of those chainguards ???
Agian , Nice bikes.
Best Wishes,
Wingman / Stephen

This one is a steel vintage:
DSC09498.jpg

Alloy vintage:
DSC09500.jpg

I buy these alloy chainguards nos in belgium(cheap :) :
2229939119_3844e62762.jpg

Not as pretty as the vintage ones,but still yummy..
Gonna get a lot of them soon as possible.
This is someones collection:
chainguard+collection.jpg

found it onhttp://velo-orange.blogspot.com/2007_11_01_archive.html
The funny thing is,they sell them only in belgium,not anywhere in the netherlands.
And they really think not much of it,they are just classic chainguards to them,
they have lot of vintage bikes still cruisin with these things..

Those chainguards look the bizz!
Where in Belgium can I get one? or can I order one and have it mailed?
My parents live close to belgium, so I'm down there pretty often.

mastershake916 said:
Do you intend to have that much rake in the final production version?

Me too. Clearly the olde skoole slack head-tube angle doesn't match the modern fork with short off-set which gives too much castor and will result in excess wheel 'drop-off', super heavy steering and an unwillingness to head uphill. Be OK if where you lived was all down hill though....

hose chainguards look the bizz!
Where in Belgium can I get one? or can I order one and have it mailed?
My parents live close to belgium, so I'm down there pretty often.
Most belgium bicycle repair shops sells them,if you are in Gent visit this shop http://www.plum-gent.com/ they have a great little bike-museum in the cellar,but they dont ship.
What headlights are those?
Battery operated leds.

Do you intend to have that much rake in the final production version?
Yes,i love the way it rides.

Clearly the olde skoole slack head-tube angle doesn't match the modern fork with short off-set which gives too much castor and will result in excess wheel 'drop-off', super heavy steering and an unwillingness to head uphill. Be OK if where you lived was all down hill though....
Clearly there is something wrong with your theory or calculation,possibly both,since they are in complete contrast to the reality of driving these bicycles.
Do you really think i would want to take anything in production i have not tested more then thoroughly?

We have driven these bikes for hundreds of kms,and encountered no problems whatsoever with heavy steering,or going uphill for that matter.
The seat tube angle allows you to put more pressure on the pedals going uphill than on a regular bike,especially if you "hang on" to the handlebars.These bikes are faster than about 90% of the regular bikes ,especially uphill.
The rake allows me to steer with my weight,much like a skateboard truck,which i find very comfortable being a boarder.

Me and my girlfriend ride these bikes daily because they are fast and comfortable.
So it is actually possible to design functional bicycles with other then the conservative chewed out angles and rakes,
and these bikes prove it,no matter what cycling theory says it can not..

Latest posts

Back