LAGUNA CRUISER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Had been saving parts for a BMX cruiser build and was in need of the perfect frame and fork set. I sold my S&S built Laguna a few years ago and have regretted it ever since. Was hoping to find another some day without going bankrupt. A trade situation with @Robertk presented itself and I now own a Laguna Cruiser again.

Took the bike downtown yesterday for a cruise and a few photos. It rides very nice and I'm pleased with how it turned out. It's not the lightest bike in town, but it's one smooth cruiser!
  • F/F Set: 80's Laguna Cruiser
  • Wheels: ARYA 26" x 2.125" Steel with Shimano MX Hubs
  • Tires: Duro Knobbies
  • Stem: Stamped Ashtabula
  • Headset: Tange BMX
  • BB: Tioga BMX
  • Crank: Sugino CroMo
  • Chainring: Three Arrows 44T
  • Pedals: KKT
  • Seat Clamp: Tioga BMX
  • Seat: Persons Springer
  • Bars: Wald 868
  • Grips: 80's AME Tri Grips
lagunacruiser001_1600.jpg

lagunacruiser003_1600.jpg

laguna005_1600.jpg

laguna004_1600.jpg

lagunacruiser014_1600.jpg

lagunacruiser004_1600.jpg

lagunacruiser013_1600.jpg

lagunacruiser011_1600.jpg

lagunacruiser008_1600.jpg

lagunacruiser012_1600.jpg

lagunacruiser005_1600.jpg

Wow, nice Laguna! Choice of parts is perfect. Just a rear coaster brake, no front brake, so clean in that respect, and the stamped Ashtabula stem and steel Wald bars make this a real knock around the neighborhood machine. Funny how when I was a kid I avoided Wald parts, mostly the stems, and now I look at Wald as a good old American company still kicking out old school parts. Your bars look like the wider ones, too. I have been keeping my eyes open for a Laguna frame and fork and so far the closest I have come is a super beat and rusty one that the guy wanted $500 for at a swap meet. Too rusty so I passed.
Pat

Wow, nice Laguna! Choice of parts is perfect. Just a rear coaster brake, no front brake, so clean in that respect, and the stamped Ashtabula stem and steel Wald bars make this a real knock around the neighborhood machine. Funny how when I was a kid I avoided Wald parts, mostly the stems, and now I look at Wald as a good old American company still kicking out old school parts. Your bars look like the wider ones, too. I have been keeping my eyes open for a Laguna frame and fork and so far the closest I have come is a super beat and rusty one that the guy wanted $500 for at a swap meet. Too rusty so I passed.
Pat

Okay Pat...why don't you just make your own Laguna? :21:

I've seen your skill set.:39:

Good one, thanks. I do have all the tools and have kicked it around. Would need a sample to get the specs. Thought about doing a 26" Champ Squareback or even a Kos Kruiser, too. I'd probably have to run and hide, though, as the BMX collectors just hate "repops", and would likely run me off the forums. I better stick to my gas bikes when it comes to frame building.
Pat

Latest posts

Back