7/8" Laidback Seatpost?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for suggestions for a 7/8" dia. laidback seatpost. As I understand it, some are to be avoided due to structural concerns. Looking to fit my 6', 34" inseam lanky body on a cruiser frame and don't want my seat way up in the air. Thanks for the help!

Black Ops - 7/8 lay back post is readily available by order anywhere. However, Chad's (slow riders) layback posts are very cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another one.
Genuine Bicycle Products has a 7/8" 6061 solid aluminum lay back, I have one and they are okay.
I do like slowriderz better, more lay back and I like the angle of the lay back, they are solid steel round bar, heavy and heavy duty, I have two of those. You get them when you can.
You probably would do just fine with any of the suggestions in the previous posts. I'd like to try that Fish Bone myself, nice looking seatpost.

Looking for suggestions for a 7/8" dia. laidback seatpost. As I understand it, some are to be avoided due to structural concerns. Looking to fit my 6', 34" inseam lanky body on a cruiser frame and don't want my seat way up in the air. Thanks for the help!
Is 7/8 about the same as standard pre 80's Schwinn? You hope it is cuz i got it if it is.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Is 7/8 about the same as standard pre 80's Schwinn? You hope it is cuz i got it if it is.

My buddy inserts solid rod into seatpost. Then bends so it wont kink, chrome stays perfect. And it aint bending. Try that in your 7/8"

It's an 80's Giant-made Schwinn Cruiser. My calipers are calling the seatpost at 7/8"

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

Give Sheldon's seat post size database a try.
I remember alot of the 80's coming with seatpost shims.
http://sheldonbrown.com/seatpost-sizes-m-z.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way ahead of you. Unfortunately there's nothing close on his database. It's definitely 7/8", no shim. Although I've had a few 80's bikes (I love 80's road bikes) pass through my hands that came shimmed from the factory.

That's a really good idea, actually.... I hope it works out. I think the hardest part is going to be that the posts are going to bend, if they're tubular sky like most Kalloy posts... And they may not want their rep damaged.

Personally, I'd be happy to spend on some Kalloy 13/16" and 7/8" micro adjust posts, even knowing they'll bend soon. I mean, I already do that with the Wald 13/16" pipe & guts posts...

HMU. $25. Solid bar inserted to tube before bending. Ive mailed out some to another member last year. Ignore the gold post. Just the chrome on. Made for schwinn 7/8" .
84e158edaa49e099542beed49f0fafc5.jpg
a84ecd8931c48b30ffcd53301ea8b954.jpg

Latest posts

Back