Heya from an Expat American living in New Zealand

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So hi.

Never much got into bicycles since growing up. I ride with the kids here and there, but yeah - mostly I'd rather drive.
Piddled with putting an electric motor on a bicycle, but ebike parts are stupid expensive here (well, *everything* is stupid expensive here) and well that put the brakes on that project.

But then I got this nutters idea to build a really cool bike. Something I actually liked. Something I thought had aesthetic appeal other than 'hey look I spent a wad of cash to have this'.

Always loved teen-to-twenties motorcycles. So that's what I'm building - a bicycle that looks like one. But f*** it - I'm also going to power it. But I won't spend a lot. So I have to build it all. COOL!

Having to learn 1) pretty much everything about bicycles, since I know jack-squat beyond basics. 2) how to weld, since I don't 3) where to find parts without paying people for them or at least not paying much and 4) how to use a metal lathe...

There ya go. An 'intro'.

Latest posts

Back