Murray Westport

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Picked this up for 30 bones and cleaned up. Could use a new chain which I will let the next guy buy and install.

Looks to be early 1990s but can’t tell for certain. Nice lines, chrome and runs like a top!

4d5e877bc7beb406bbbe0ccd86034bfc.jpg

1f2ffa1fc2832c22d21f4fa371312ae5.jpg

db241f7a10c14321fac4981d9ae8c856.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got this one for 10 and sold for 85 , I think you might be able to get a couple bux...more ?

20170919_135806.jpg

That is a sweet ride you have there my friend! I doubt I will get more than what you got. I would be [emoji2] if I got 85 bones for mine!

Throw it on C list for 95 , shouldn't be a problem

Put an old Wald basket I had on it. For some reason it helps the sale. For a bill the basket will come with it. For anything less, it comes off.
3952add62c752a33846ba3250e146da2.jpg

They're great riding bikes..nice lines too. I've sold a couple of those, and the cousin to that bike the Monterey. All dependent on where you are. location is key.
Around this part of Florida,(land of the cheapies)..that fetches about $85.00 Even if you spent all day detailing it, new grease the whole nine yards plus a yard. I'll sell them but only if I pick them up for 10 bucks or so. otherwise I keep them and ride them myself..which you may consider..for 30 dollars, that's a bike that will ride nicer than 'any' walmartarget cruiser sold today. :thumbsup:

I’m gonna have to sell it. Late yesterday I picked up an Electra Rockabilly Boogie Cruiser for a ridiculously low price. Will have to part with one of my Dyno cruisers to make room for this one which I will definitely be keeping.

Will post pictures soon.

Saw a Monterey on cL in Austin for 150 recently. I think one in San Antonio for over 100 recently. Don’t know what they sold for.

Saw a Monterey on cL in Austin for 150 recently. I think one in San Antonio for over 100 recently. Don’t know what they sold for.

Wow, those must be hot spots for those bikes, I suppose. It's like hipsters in N.Y.C. will pay 200 bucks for a vintage 70s, 80s touring bike, here in Florida, I can't give them away. o_O I fix them up anyway , because they're fun.:happy:
ColumbiaA&W_85_1.jpg

I don't know if they got what they asked. I paid 65 for a Monterrey last summer. It was straight, had decent paint, but needed tires. Now it is in pieces getting layered in copper rustoleum. It's going to get a 3 speed nexus hub. Been working on it off and on for months. Someday I'll get it put together. From what I see here, everyone has better bikes at cheaper prices than what we see here in San Antonio.

I don't know if they got what they asked. I paid 65 for a Monterrey last summer. It was straight, had decent paint, but needed tires. Now it is in pieces getting layered in copper rustoleum. It's going to get a 3 speed nexus hub. Been working on it off and on for months. Someday I'll get it put together. From what I see here, everyone has better bikes at cheaper prices than what we see here in San Antonio.

A small world. I am also from San Antonio but live and work inHouston. I travel a lot with my truck and always scope out the local CL. San Antonio has a cool laid back bike scene. Lots of cruisers including vintage ones. Houston is more a road bike type scene. Austin is a more Mountain bike type scene. I am taking this bike and another old vintage bike to the Frankenbike swap meet in SA and will sell both easy. I guess what I am saying is different cities have different bike scenes. I personally like cruisers and wish I could run with the Wild Dawgs and my friend Rick in SA.

Sometime crusty ones left out in the elements can work.
The Monterey is a great start to any build bike, that's for sure.
For one build off on here, I started with a newer late 80s Monterey and 'aged' it using a lot of tricks I learned here about rustification..(thanks to Odd Job and others) :happy:
then bought cheapo tank and rack on eebay, period correct...bam , instant oldie...well, not instant, but you know what I mean.
;)
franco
mraleanbluebuildingJPG.jpg

A small world. I am also from San Antonio but live and work inHouston. I travel a lot with my truck and always scope out the local CL. San Antonio has a cool laid back bike scene. Lots of cruisers including vintage ones. Houston is more a road bike type scene. Austin is a more Mountain bike type scene. I am taking this bike and another old vintage bike to the Frankenbike swap meet in SA and will sell both easy. I guess what I am saying is different cities have different bike scenes. I personally like cruisers and wish I could run with the Wild Dawgs and my friend Rick in SA.
Yeah, I think I got an old amf roadmaster from you a year ago.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back