Anyone interested in custom S&M Cruiser Bars?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arnold from S&M contacted me to see if there was enough interest they would make a limited rum of the custom cruiser bars they did for me. Obviously USA made, at the S&M facility, .090" wall thickness, chromoly, 32.5" wide , 6.25" height, 12 degrees upsweep(about 2"), 20 degrees of pull back (about 3"). These are my measurements I took of the bars after I received them. My bars came bare steel and I had them chrome plated, but they will be offering them in chrome. Price will be $60.00, and if enough interest he might be able to lower the cost a little more.
Update 10/13/17: Okay, Arnold and the guys at S&M are pretty stoked to have some interest in these bars. Please e-mail Arnold directly [email protected] , and reference S&M S.A.C Bars. He will then know what bars you are referencing. Update 10/16/17: Bars will be knurled and have identification.
Full Shot.jpg
IMG_3665.jpg
IMG_3666.jpg
IMG_3667.jpg
Side View.jpg
Top View.jpg
Coop on bike SandM bars 2.jpg
Coop on bike SandM bars.jpg

Last edited:
I´d be down for those, in chrome, for $60.... They look to be their ¨Husky 4 Speed MX¨ bar, without the crossbar?
Motobars_CHRM-980x551.jpg

Yeah, but there´s 2 different S&M ¨Husky¨ Bars...

Husky_Chrm_980x654.jpg

Of course, i just hunted down the thread with your blue Schwinn, and it seems like you got the 4 speed bar on that bike.... but, looking again, is it possible that they´re just the Husky High MX bar without the crossbar?

It just seems weird that they have another secret bend for some bars that they´re nt even trying to market, at all. Seems more likely that they have some unfinished/unwelded bars that´d been intended for an existing product that they jut never got around to finishing up....

Either way, the bars look rad and i´d purchase a set. Thanks for doing the legwork on this one, @Brunson67 --- and for sharing the spoils with us RRBers! :grin:

Yeah, but there´s 2 different S&M ¨Husky¨ Bars...

Husky_Chrm_980x654.jpg

Of course, i just hunted down the thread with your blue Schwinn, and it seems like you got the 4 speed bar on that bike.... but, looking again, is it possible that they´re just the Husky High MX bar without the crossbar?

It just seems weird that they have another secret bend for some bars that they´re nt even trying to market, at all. Seems more likely that they have some unfinished/unwelded bars that´d been intended for an existing product that they jut never got around to finishing up....

Either way, the bars look rad and i´d purchase a set. Thanks for doing the legwork on this one, @Brunson67 --- and for sharing the spoils with us RRBers! :grin:
I have a set of the standard husky bars too, they come in at a whopping 36" wide! I cut mine down, and still didn't end up using them, I'll need to compare these Cruiser bars to those, but I can tell you they are not 36" wide, they are measuring just over 32". Yes, it's been cool talking to the guy at S&M, he said the bars I got were laying in the shop, the only pair, got bent up for some reason. I can tell you he said they have a bunch of thrown together 26" cruisers the shop guys use to ride around the shop and ride to get lunch. They also just released their 26" FIT.
http://fitbikeco.com/bikes-2018/aitken-26/#

I sent Arnold an email, saying i´d be into buying chromed SAC bars... and also mentioned that if they did a run in gloss or matte black, i´d buy one of those, too.. Just puttin´ that out there...

Latest posts

Back