L'Angelo di Ferro

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fork.jpg
Anxious to see the forks also, keep rolling with it.
I can share the fork design now I suppose. For the sake of structural integrity I want to get the tubes made out of a single piece of tubing, but they also need to taper from 7/8 to 1/2 so I bought some super thick (.219) tubing that will be difficult to bend. I have a plan though...

Last edited:
View attachment 54648
I can share the fork design now I suppose. For the sake of structural integrity I want to get the tubes made out of a single piece of tubing, but they also need to taper from 7/8 to 1/2 so I bought some super thick (.219) tubing that will be difficult to bend. I have a plan though...
That looks AWESOME! Hope you get to finish, I'd love to see it come to fruition.

Love this. You are going to like the feedback from those e stays. I am excited man. You might want to think about a spring loaded chain tensioner. I have two chains to keep my rear end in line. I would prefer to have springs on both to keep the flex in the rear end or a little gussets at the dropouts if it is flexing
606ca4b2bb8b51175d9acadbcfd7d6c1.jpg

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Your design and follow through are breathtaking. It's nice to see it standing. Even without your fork design.

Got my chain and took my first ride. I'm pretty happy with it. I managed to get the alignment of the wheels and the chain line pretty darn perfect with just a torpedo level and an aluminum yardstick. The handling is a little odd because it has a super low bottom bracket and a really long tail but I think once I get the seat on and set way back it'll actually carve a turn pretty nicely.

20170629_195157.jpg

Last edited:
One of the cool things about not having chain stays is you can install and remove the chain without taking it apart!

perfect for a belt drive

For some reason the majority of your photos are only a Photobucket message to me, so I can't see the last few updates. Hmm. :/
Yeah, same here. They were there when I went to bed I don't know what changed over the course of the night. Posting images has proven to be the most difficult part of this whole process for me and I'm reasonably technically savvy I'll look into it after work tonight sorry.

Yeah I never thought of that in fact I've seen belt drive bikes and I never realized that that would be a problem
I'll have to go back and see how they did it because now I'm confused.
Same here. That thought has never crossed my mind.

Dude I missed most of this build . But getting caught up . For some reason many of the pictures don't come up for me not sure why. Too many of these
c612cef137e6aefd6c3cf25b3bdcf515.png

I wish I could see all your work . You have some skills man . What a creative frame design awesome job [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same answer here as on the "crazy idea" thread:
The main problem with free image hosters is, that it's free only as long as you dont generate to much traffic per month. As soon as a lot of people start looking at your pictures the traffic goes up and the images get blocked off, usually until the end of the month.
So probably you should take it as a compliment... ;-)

The main problem with free image hosters is, that it's free only as long as you dont generate to much traffic per month. As soon as a lot of people start looking at your pictures the traffic goes up and the images get blocked off, usually until the end of the month.
I would have never guessed that was the problem. I've only been using photobucket because when I post directly the orientations are all wrong and I can't figure out how to fix it. I hate looking at images turned the wrong way. Here's some recent pics.
20170627_214146.jpg
20170627_214638.jpg
20170629_194618.jpg
20170629_195205.jpg
20170629_195221.jpg
20170629_195231.jpg
20170627_214146.jpg 20170627_214638.jpg 20170629_194618.jpg 20170629_195205.jpg 20170629_195221.jpg 20170629_195231.jpg
20170627_214146.jpg
20170627_214638.jpg
20170629_194618.jpg

Actually from what I can tell Photo Bucket recently changed its terms of service and no longer offers free third party hosting. Oh well, I'm kind of glad I'll never have a reason to use it again. Hopefully that disease infested site goes the way of the DoDo.
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/06/30/photobucket_charging_400yr_3rdparty_pgs/

Last edited:
Actually from what I can tell Photo Bucket recently changed its terms of service and no longer offers free third party hosting. Oh well, I'm kind of glad I'll never have a reason to use it again. Hopefully that diseased riddled site goes the way of the DoDo.
Just load directly to you post from your phone camera or computer by clicking on the 'Upload a File' button below each post. When you get the file selected and uploaded, choose Full Image to post on your comment.

Latest posts

Back