Before & After Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coast king to coaster racer hahaha
463df102d0dadbd44989860b7cfd8b6a.jpg
74abc4bb457b00d604c9b0703ea9e5ef.jpg

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

Pic1. All Original 1972 Stingray parts.
Pic2. Wheels, Tires, Stem, Bars, Grips, Saddle, Sissy all off a donor in 8/10 cond. Canary Yellow. Some Girls Muscle bike, even stock with the Slick and slim tire pair, in rider condition!
Guard said Scamp, Badge said Ross., Ross didnt make a "Scamp" from what I could find [and I really dig..] so I presume that at least was unoriginal but likely the only part, given the Yellows were VERY slightly differing upon closer eyeballing.

Rear wheels a Bendix 70.

Fenders werent a match unfortunately,. but it does wonders on a summer day cruise.

Zombie
20170504_144920.jpg
20170615_150039.jpg

It started with a very simple thought and a 20" girl's frame. The end result required more thought than I figured to begin with. The rear section had to be altered for clearance of my oversized feet, as well as to get the rear assembly to sit with the attitude I had in mind. Then there was the basket that was longer than the original, so the rear section was stretched a little to accommodate the additional length. This is where it ended up for now though. At some point in the future, the basket may be replaced by a "bed" type arrangement (think stake body truck - wood)
It is quite a hoot to ride and the neighbor kids think I'm crazy... maybe they're on to something!
J947336 A.jpg

Rear Sect 1.jpg

59 J947336 BB.jpg

Thanks for looking!

It started with a very simple thought and a 20" girl's frame. The end result required more thought than I figured to begin with. The rear section had to be altered for clearance of my oversized feet, as well as to get the rear assembly to sit with the attitude I had in mind. Then there was the basket that was longer than the original, so the rear section was stretched a little to accommodate the additional length. This is where it ended up for now though. At some point in the future, the basket may be replaced by a "bed" type arrangement (think stake body truck - wood)
It is quite a hoot to ride and the neighbor kids think I'm crazy... maybe they're on to something!
View attachment 59697

View attachment 59698

View attachment 59699

Thanks for looking!
wow Beautiful man ! what a transformation ! i really like that , most people would of seen this frame as junk , but you made it funk! :41:

My Huffy Parkside. Don't want to go too crazy with the doodaddery as this is my main ride and I don't want to make it too heavy or whatever. Fenders are a set of bobbed SKS Beavertail universals. Can't find any other fenders for 27.5x2 tires that are cheap enough to bob! LOL
3-chainring crankset from Sun Tour. Only using the middle 38 tooth sprocket for now. Perhaps someday I may add a front derailleur.

Fresh from the store...
Parkside.jpg

As it looks today...
bobber11.jpg

image.jpeg
image.png
Start - 1945 Sears frame, replaced the dented down tube with a 1933 step through Elgin top tube, stretched with tubes and added floorboards from a Schwinn Gladiator, added a 98cc Villiers and an Albion gearbox, SA drum brakes front and back on repainted and rebuilt Felt wheels. About 98% done, three years work.

My Huffy Parkside. Don't want to go too crazy with the doodaddery as this is my main ride and I don't want to make it too heavy or whatever. Fenders are a set of bobbed SKS Beavertail universals. Can't find any other fenders for 27.5x2 tires that are cheap enough to bob! LOL
3-chainring crankset from Sun Tour. Only using the middle 38 tooth sprocket for now. Perhaps someday I may add a front derailleur.

Fresh from the store...View attachment 60297

As it looks today...
View attachment 60298

I've been at it again. The Parkside has acquired a pair of vintage styled pedals to replace the original all plastic parts and the fenders off my 26" Huffy Nel Lusso cruiser. Yeah, I was amazed too that the fenders for the 26" bike fit so well on the 27.5'er...
Parkside3.jpg

Latest posts

Back