Westfield Wasteland

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tilted bars look cool, but that may be a bit too drastic visually.

Carl, I like symmetry, sometimes I'm obsessed about it in my builds..First off I think your bike looks great. KF noticed right away the bars "might" be tilted a little to much, he can't help it, he obviously is obsessed with symmetry also. Occasionally I would look at a pic of the bike and draw different colored lines that are parallel or have a geometric value. Your eye and mind catch these things without you realizing it,(at least for weirdos like KF and myself). Here's a couple of direct links to what I mean (I never posts pics of my bikes in someone else's build thread)

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff182/KOTA777/001-59_zpsuljjejra.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff182/KOTA777/006B-1.png

I'll have to admit that its harder on a pre war or skip tooth bike to get a LOT of symmetry. Usually the seat tube and the head tube are parallel. So if you match the angle of the bars to a top tube or even a chain stay, your eye will pick it up....That's probably the main reason I only did one pre war bike. Again.. Your bike looks great. Match some lines and it will greater(?)

Anything I say is just "my" opinion...which most of the time doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:
I take no offense to creative commentary... I did tilt them less than the last picture to match the angle of the seat post as I noted before. But I usually have the problem of balancing the lines and setting it so I can ride it...
35bb9a5cda9e7914b963032a631b270c.jpg

I remade a tool I saw here before. Now to see if I can pinch a dimple in the chain stays without heat...

Carl.

Last edited:
WOW! I would've never thought of that. Turned out nice. And you get to keep the original paint.

Last edited:
That 'dimpler' is cool. Now I just have to figure out how to do something similar with out welding tools. Can't believe how that fat back wheel / tire makes that 27" front look so tiny!
Great lighting on that last pic....that's a keeper.

That 'dimpler' is cool. Now I just have to figure out how to do something similar with out welding tools. Can't believe how that fat back wheel / tire makes that 27" front look so tiny!
Great lighting on that last pic....that's a keeper.
Cut your pieces out and take them to a welding shop.
KIMG0944.JPG

Wasteland at the bank across the street...

Carl.

YES!...Head tube, seat tube, parallel by design....Matching parallel angle of bars, seat post, AND "top" of chain by "GuitarlCarl". Next pic put your crank arms to match. ;) ( did I mention I'm a "symmetry " weirdo)

Beautiful bike!

Went for a very short ride today. I've got a little fluid in my right knee that's bothering me. That 12 miles or so that I put in yesterday on Harlequin didn't help me any.
But Wasteland is shiny sweet and I've got some barbed wire on the way.
KIMG0971.JPG
KIMG0972.JPG
KIMG0973.JPG

Can anybody find the "guitar" themed part included on the Westfield Wasteland?

Carl.

Went for a very short ride today. I've got a little fluid in my right knee that's bothering me. That 12 miles or so that I put in yesterday on Harlequin didn't help me any.
But Wasteland is shiny sweet and I've got some barbed wire on the way.
View attachment 53556 View attachment 53557 View attachment 53558
Can anybody find the "guitar" themed part included on the Westfield Wasteland?

Carl.
I'm not sure, is there a bridge incorporated in the fork? Can't quite get a close enough look.

Something on the chain stay?

UH... I like the pedals!..You know what I'm talkin bout.

Well I think I have my rear tire tucked into the fender enough and there's no rubbing... So Woohoo! But I wish I had rear struts for it. I need some barbed wire...
f6e186c0bc479574a6835ff5f9d9a9d3.jpg

Carl.

Smoopy used barbed wire struts on Tuco and it looked sick!

Latest posts

Back