Top Fueler Drag Forks ..... SOLD OUT!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Old School. It was a pretty big hit to me. I might be able to use the steering tubes again. I might be able to use the fork tubes for something. Top plates need to be redone also. I have made 3 runs of these forks and never had this happen. I should have mocked up a set. The frame I used is a old Rail frame with no frame caps. Anyway next run will be even better. Tubes will be polished after bending so better looking and less clean up for me. And they will work...lol

You are a man of integrity for sure. I'd buy from you any day.

That being said, I'd still want a set for my Stingray and would never part it out - and I'd put that in writing................

The 2 originals sets I have owned also touched the Huffy end caps just a little. It wasn't enough to hurt anything but they did touch. I am betting each set were off a little back then. I think your sets may bet better than the originals when finished. ;)

The 2 originals sets I have owned also touched the Huffy end caps just a little. It wasn't enough to hurt anything but they did touch. I am betting each set were off a little back then. I think your sets may bet better than the originals when finished. ;)

Hey Thanks for that info Ron. The right plates are 5 -3/16th across. They cut them 2/16 under 5 inches. So 5 /16 inch to tight. I might make the plates 6 inches across. That will give 3 1/2 inches between the tubes. The front hub is 3 1/2 across too. So good match up. That should solve any problem with hitting.

Here are a few pics of the forks with different degree bends. One is 30 degree bend. Original top fueler bend of 60 degree. 30 degree bend makes the bike longer and sit higher.
First pics is 30 degree bend.
20170503_150207.jpg
20170503_153911.jpg

Both look great. How would a 20" front wheel look? (I hope that wasn't a sacrilegious thing to say...)

The top pic has a Chopper vibe.
Bottom pic has a Dragster vibe.

BTW....how can I get one of those sweet sissy bars?

The sissy bar was made from 2 different sissy bars. The bottom spring part was a bicycle Sissy bar. The top part after the springs is a motorcycle sissy bar. The springs don't work. They are just for looks.

Yes I have a update but not a good one. I had new top plates cut but they were cut wrong again. So it has been just over a week waiting for the new plates to come back. They should be done this week. Then they need to be fitted to the forks. Then off to polish with the forks. They were training a new guy on the water jet machine is where the problem is coming from

OK After a few tries I finally have the top plates made that work. I will be working on the fit over the weekend and send off to polish after July 4th.
Depending on how busy they are will determine the polishing time. The top plates are 1/2 inch longer then the original top plate. So if you are looking for a exact copy of the Top Fueler Forks these won't be them. One more thing to mention before you buy these forks. On a scale of 1-10 they are a 10 for looks but the ride is a 2 or 3. You won't be riding them on the local bike ride. They are truly Show Forks.
Here are some pics of the Top plate installed so you can see how they look.

20170629_132040.jpg
20170629_132033.jpg
20170629_132121.jpg
20170629_132257.jpg
20170629_132315.jpg
20170629_132505.jpg

Latest posts

Back