No name (yet) rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I need a cool name before I start cutting.....idk! But this is the starting point for my second build. I plan to cut the cantilever bars and cold form the chain stays like I read on someone elses post here. Then weld on a new point to locate the rear axle. More to come....

2 tips from my Huffy chop.
1. cut welds with saw or cut off wheel - much neater than angle grinder!
2. remove chainguard because if you leave it on it will get crunched...
:thumbsup:

Thanks for the tips! I was planning on stripping the bike before starting the mods. Then trim the chain guard as needed if I decided to retain it... I have a couple ideas for the forks as well but I want to get the frame done before dive into that! ( probably go with some I have laying around)

Well, I won't bore you all with the details, but I'm switching frames I'm going to use for this build. I made some brackets to relocate the rear wheel then welded them in place. Here's a pic of the brackets, but it was too dark to snap a photo of them welded on the frame. Hopefully I can get a shot tomorrow if I get to work in the garage.

Hey Luke I got a chance to work on the bike a little today and I checked to rear wheel I plan to use to see if the single cassette lined up with the front sproket. It happened to work out fine! This was just by happen chance though because I really hadn't thought about it until you brought it up. So thanks for the tip!

Latest posts

Back