S.E. REGIONAL VINTAGE BICYCLE SWAP MEET GA. 3/04/17

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For sure making this!! Dang, how many dudes here in GA? I know there is someone really local to me, as they snagged those 2 classics at the flea market last weekend ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

Hello! I'm glad you are coming !! Where will you be coming from ??
I know of at least 12-14 North GA Bike guys that are coming to set-up at this Event! About 6-8 have checked in from Charlotte area in NC.
At least 3-4 coming from Alabama. And 4-6 coming from Upstate SC
I've got the Main Event organizer holding us Bike Vendors currently 20 SPOTS but I'm going to be bumping that number up to 40 very soon.
I believe as the date gets closer I will be hearing from more folks ....
My Craigslist advertising is getting quite a few responses from people who are not members of RRB or The CABE.
There WILL be no limit to Vendors coming without notice BUT Im going to do my best to keep us all together on the pavement in the Middle of the grounds. Looking forward to meeting you there !
Cheers ! CCR Dave

Well, got bad news yesterday....my wife's foot surgery got moved to the 3rd, so I'm gonna have to miss the show.....[emoji53][emoji37][emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang Dr. T ...... very sorry to hear of the need to pass on this event ...but I certainly understand your need to be with your wife ! I hope that all goes well ! Thank you for letting me know ........ I will take plenty of pictures (and post them on RRB and The CABE) and I hope the turnout is great and possibly lead to an Annual Event (or maybe even Bi-Annual) Take care ..... and take care of your wife! Regards, CCR Dave

Less than 10 days away!!
Confirmed over 30 Vintage Bike vendors coming from ALA,OHIO,SC,NC & GA !!
Early Set Up at 6AM is available!! $30 for ALL the space you want ..... 7AM or after is only $20
I will have a designated Vintage Bike AREA parking MAP being posted here soon!! Check back shortly .....
Hope you all can make it!
Cheers!! CCR Dave

ONLY 1 WEEK AWAY !!!
WEATHER FORECAST (as of today) MORNING STARTS ABOUT 40 DEGREES AND BY MID-DAY 65 DEGREES !! ( SUNNY DAY!!)
PARKING AREA MAP ATTACHED BELOW >>>>>

Please reply if you need any more specific details !! EARLY 6AM SET-UP is available at $30 (ALL the space you need!!) 7AM OR AFTER $20.00
SOME I have talked to are concerned about staying overnight FRIDAY evening .... and MOTEL security issues .........
I can NOT guarantee anything ... BUT ..... this IS NOT too NEAR to ATLANTA ( about 45 miles North East )
There are some decent Motels at exit # 149 off of I-85 ....... I have NOT heard of theft happening in folks Trailers at Prior events.

AS for the PARKING instructions attached ....... basically you enter the Dragstrip entrance and the road comes to a TEE.
If you're coming at 6AM thru about 6:50AM go RIGHT at the TEE
AT 7AM or after make a LEFT at the TEE
ON THE GROUNDS of the Swap Meet there is a HUGE Paved Area and furtherer WEST there is a GRASSY PARKING area
THE VINTAGE BIKE SWAP MEET SET-UP IS ON PAVEMENT FOR 2 LANES (4 "ROWS") AT THE EDGE OF THE GRASSY AREA
SEE YOU SOON !! VINTAGE BIKE VENDORS CONFIRMED FROM ALA, OHIO, N.C., S.C., GA ..... MAYBE TN.
CHEERS !! CCR DAVE 404-886-8644

Attachments

• PARKING MAP VINTAGE BIKES.pdf
    915.1 KB · Views: 204
THIS POST IS FROM JOEL ROBERTSON FROM BIRMINGHAM , ALA
HE ALLOWED ME TO POST THIS FOR HIM IN HIS WORDS.
HE SAYS HE'S HAVING TROUBLE POSTING ON RRB ... HIS QUOTE:

The timing of this meet couldn't have worked out better. I bought out another collection yesterday. This will be my best booth EVER! I need to blow out some volume. Don't miss it. We plan to be there for early setup.

BIKE PARTS: Schwinn Phantom parts, NOS Delta Lights/speedos/accessories, prewar frames, springers and parts, parade struts, tanks, chainguards, wheels, seats and parts, 50s Schwinn drum brake, NOS fenders, Whizzer tanks and parts, NOS Hunt Wilde handlebar tape, Phantom seat, so much more.

BIKES: (space is limited, some may not fit.. Taking requests) Schwinn Phantom/B6 Project, Huffy Cheater Slik, Phillips 1958 rod brake deluxe, ladys Raleigh DL-1, Silver King Flocycle, Shelby ladys shockease, Schwinn Welterweight, Schwinn Tiger 2 sp, 1934 Schwinn model R track bike, 24" Colson Blister Tank, More..

CAR PARTS: MANY NOS Early Auto Accessories !!! Fender ornaments, Toppers, Bucket Headlights, Hood Ornaments and trim pieces, Winged Radiator Cap, Model A Tail Lights, early License Plate Brackets, license plates, Motometer, Gauges, NOS Checker Tail Lights, auto picnic set in case, Grills, MORE.

MISC: ALL NOS MINTY/BOXY: Toys, Transistor Radios, Zippo Lighters, Musical Lighters, collectable smalls.

#22JOEL, Tuesday at 8:24 AM

UPDATE !! BRING SANDWICHES AND SNACKS AND A COOLER FULL OF DRINKS FOR YOURSELF !!
The Dragway's concession stands are not open yet for the New season!
Brad the Main Promoter/organizer is trying to get some mobile Food & drink vendors ..... but no guarantee they will be there.
Weather still looking Great ! Chilly start (upper 30's ) but a Quick rise to about 60 degrees .....
See you soon! CCR Dave 404-886-8644

ONLY ABOUT 36 HOURS AWAY! A lot of excitement down here in GA!
Looks like the weather is going to be almost perfect (a little chilly start)
but then topping out about 60 Degrees .... YEAH!
Start sorting out your goodies ....... should be a TON of buyers.
The Main Event promoter (of the Monthly Automotive Swap) says he's been getting a bunch of people from his Facebook site (over 3000 followers) who are pumped-up to have this special Vintage Bike Swap Event there ..... "Car Guys" who are bringing Vintage Bike Stuff ... that we don't normally see at "Bike Only" Swap meets. ALL GOOD!
See you soon! CCR Dave :acute::113:

Besides being around 34 degrees that morning, the weather looks great! The wind is not supposed to be that bad either. I am going to try my best to come and show off our 2017 Giveaway Bike for GET A GRIP and as always bring some killer shirts for sale. It is a good 3 hour drive but think I can be there by 7 am. Looking forward to seeing everyone there and will have plenty of flyers to hand out.

Besides being around 34 degrees that morning, the weather looks great! The wind is not supposed to be that bad either. I am going to try my best to come and show off our 2017 Giveaway Bike for GET A GRIP and as always bring some killer shirts for sale. It is a good 3 hour drive but think I can be there by 7 am. Looking forward to seeing everyone there and will have plenty of flyers to hand out.

Hey David! It's Great news to hear you are planning to come down from Cleveland, TN ! We all look forward to seeing you here .....
I HOPE you bring one of your awesome Custom WAGONS to display to also promote the "Battle of the Wagons" that is part of your Get-A-Grip Event in 3 weeks! Those little Mini-Rods get a lot of attention, for sure! Your flyers will certainly get out to a bunch of people from the Carolinas who may not have been to , or, heard of the Get-A-Grip event.........
Safe travels! The concessions are not likely to be open yet at the Dragstrip ..... so I've been telling folks to pack a lunch, some snacks and some drinks. Looking forward to seeing you in less than 36 hours!
CCR Dave

AWESOME DAY!!!!!
Thanks Dave for a fantastic day. What a great turn out of some killer bikes! You know my favorite color is green and you made the day!!! For the guys that didn't make it, well, all I can say is that you missed a great day as the weather was perfect along with great friends. Sold some cool shirts and contacted a lot of new people about the show.
PS: Dave I left my MW catalog, if you don't mind bring it to the show. Thanks!

Hello All !!
OK ...... now that I've had 11 hours of Sleep (only 3 hours Friday night) ....... I can get to the Pictures I took and some chat time about the event.......
First of all ......... a BIG Thank You to ALL the folks who came from Many Areas of the South LOTS of people who drove 3-4 hours to make this an Event Awesome!
I asked many guys if they were happy that they made the long trip and the honest answer was an enthusiastic - YES !
There were folks here from Charlotte area of NC, & Asheville, NC ....... Birmingham, AL as well as Talladega & Anniston, AL
Cleveland, TN was represented by David Orr and his Get-A-Grip entourage ..... Shawn made the trip from Augusta, GA thru the Countryside & a self-guided "tour" of East GA .... SC was represented well, especially from the "Upstate" which is an easy shot down I-85 -- and I certainly can not forget about Don "Flat Tire" who got the Long-Distance award (see pics later) who came all the way from OHIO (somewhere north Cincinnati, and south of Dayton)
A Chilly start at 30 degrees warmed up nicely as the Sunny day unfolded .... to a Perfect 60 degrees about the time evreything unwinded....
The "Main-Event" organizer: Brad O'.... (who runs the Swap Meet every 1st SAT all year long) announced on the PA System that he had a RECORD turn-out of over 300 Swap Meet spaces AND a very decent Spectator (buyer) parking lot count !!
NOW ...... we are looking at a FALL Event here as well and make this a Bi-Annual Vintage Bike Meet.......
Since this "regular" Meet is always the 1st SAT of the Month ...... I'm considering either NOV. 4th OR Dec. 2nd
IF anyone has Pros or Cons of either of these dates ...... please chime-in !! I know other events happen all the time and I'm hoping not to conflict with something that might be happening at the same time.
OK ......... enough chatter .........
Please enjoy the Picture show following this post >>>
ALSO ........ Thank you to Shawn and his pictures posted ABOVE !!
Cheers !! CCR Dave

I will post these pictures in 3-4 separate posts ((with notes))
There were basically 2 "Lanes" (walking lanes) and about 30-40 Vintage Bike vendors lining BOTH sides of these "Lanes"
So this first group is "LANE 1" which was "Capped-off" by Davis Orr and his Get-A-Grip set-up & Myself "Classic Cool Rides" across the Lane from him. The back side of the "Bleachers" can be seen in the background ....... the Drag Strip just past those bleachers.
SWAP MARCH LANE 1 GET A GRIP.jpg
SWAP MARCH LANE 1.jpg
SWAP MARCH LANE 1 DEEP.jpg
SWAP MARCH LANE 2 ATHENS GROUP.jpg

lane 2 was "Capped-off" by Mike D. "Phattiremike" and across from his set-up was Joel from Birmingham & Don from Ohio "Flat Tire"
Lane 2 had a couple attention getters showing here the SKYWAY 24" BMX Cruiser with a "Tag-Along" SKYWAY for the "Upcoming BMX'er"
There was also this Huffy METALOID most unusual BMX that I've even seen >>>>>>>
SWAP MARCH LANE 2 MIKE D.jpg
SWAP MARCH LANE 2 MIKE D 3.jpg
SWAP MARCH LANE 2 LEFT.jpg
SWAP MARCH SKYWAY 2.jpg
SWAP MARCH HUFFY METALOID.jpg

and Finally the "Long-Distance" award photo showing Don "Flat Tire" (Ohio) and Joel (Birmingham, AL) with their PORTERS !!
(Notice Don's PORTER is from a Bike Shop in Olelika, AL who has a Beer Bar within his Store and CANS beers he has on Draft !!)
Don DID bring me something from Ohio ...... 2 Buckeyes !! ( TOO BAD they were NOT the edible Buckeyes I ate when I was young )
Also riding around the Event was Doug on his Ridable Horse and Carriage !!
SWAP MARCH JOEL AND DON 2.jpg
SWAP MARCH HORSE BIKE 1.jpg
SWAP MARCH HORSE BIKE 2.jpg

Latest posts

Back