1947 Dodge Farm Truck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I've been doing some 'patina' work on this truck and thought the ratters around here would like to see it.

101_2799.jpg

This 1947 Dodge truck belongs to a client in Tennessee. He had the original truck body and military bed transferred over to a late model Chevrolet frame with new engine and automatic transmission so that it can be driven comfortably on the highway.

He brought it to me last month to letter his business logo on the doors and patina anything new that looked out of place. The task was to make everything look old and original to the truck including such things as new bolts, running lights, mirrors etc.

This light housing was brand new with a zinc coated bracket and black plastic housing. I laid it on the original patina running board for a comparison:
Side Marker rusted.jpg

Here are two of the plastic rear view mirrors at the end of the rust process:
101_2792.jpg

Instead of adding rust, the owner wanted the fenders and grill to show a little more of the original black paint that was almost completely weathered away. This is sort of a reverse take on patina. lol
Before and after.jpg
Fender close up.jpg

And finally, I tweaked the logo a little and hand lettered it the way I imagined that a sign writer would have done it a half century ago and followed with some weathering of the paint.
101_2694.jpg

101_2699.jpg

101_2702 (2).jpg

101_2700.jpg

Last edited:
Superb touches on that old Dodge..:thumbsup:..is it a Power Wagon..looks like it?
Thanks! I'm not sure if it is a Power Wagon, it didn't have any emblems on it that indicated what type of truck it is other than Dodge.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Man Jim...you're the patina master! :praise:
Thank you Steve! It was some of my patina'd bikes that led to working on the truck.

Latest posts

Back