Need advice.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting on the toolboxes, but she is sure fun to ride now that I have gears.
I also ordered a Brooks B66 saddle, the rails on this Chinese seat have already started to bend, and I only weigh 165lbs.
IMG_3636.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_3662.JPG
Where did you find that toolbox?
I received one of the toolboxes yesterday and it fits OK. I contacted the seller and he is making me another one to my specs to fit my frame better. I'm also having him put the door on the left side to clear the chain.

Great looking shifter!

Please post a pic on how you mounted it to the tube .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job with the shifter! So, did you put the fiber washer as you wanted? Did it work fine for you? If you have any internal pictures i would be very curious to see, have a similar issue with long shifter handle now.

Nice job with the shifter! So, did you put the fiber washer as you wanted? Did it work fine for you? If you have any internal pictures i would be very curious to see, have a similar issue with long shifter handle now.
No, it doesn't seem to need it.

2CC5C068-0343-4490-A835-7861B556352B-9969-00000991D8D9540D_tmp.jpg
IMG_3701.JPG
I received the toolbox from Sportsman Flyer, but they've changed the design. I like the new hinge placement, but I wish they would have kept the latch that used to be on them. The new latch is just a capture screw. :-(

View attachment 46536 View attachment 46535 I received the toolbox from Sportsman Flyer, but they've changed the design. I like the new hinge placement, but I wish they would have kept the latch that used to be on them. The new latch is just a capture screw. :-(

In my opinion, when manufacturers change a design, they need to update the pics to reflect the change. Especially at that pricepoint....

I agree, especially considering the one I'm having custom made to fit my frame costs half the price.
Sportsman needs better customer service, I was told that these were "improvements" and if I didn't like it send it back.

IMG_3740.JPG
IMG_3738.JPG
IMG_3741.JPG
I painted and pinstriped the Sportsman toolbox. I still wish it had the old style latch, but it looks good & hides the battery, lipo alarm and switch just fine.

Latest posts

Back