When a crazy idea becomes reality

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, well, not much has happened to it really. We have moved workshops to a much bigger place, so expect progress soon!

Here's the new place. We let Pete choose the floor colour. Pete likes the ocean. Pete is also colour-blind! Lol

20170210_120631_zpsjbszuvdt.jpg

Ah, well, not much has happened to it really. We have moved workshops to a much bigger place, so expect progress soon!

Here's the new place. We let Pete choose the floor colour. Pete likes the ocean. Pete is also colour-blind! Lol

20170210_120631_zpsjbszuvdt.jpg
But is he a good worker/shop dog? (Don't know if Pete is human)

Right! I'm back on this again :)

Started the top front panel this morning
20170228_085944_zpsrjp7sb1c.jpg

Same as before, English wheel then shrinker round the edge.

I tried the lower panel on the buck to check how far the panel extends at the front. I was horrified to find that the panel fit to the buck was terrible! It hardly fitted at all! Then I realised I'd got it back to front! Doh! Lol

turning the whole thing over even puts a sweep up for the seat back..
lol, I think you're pulling my leg and it's supposed to be flipped...

Carl.

It's amazing to me how something so beaten, shrunken, and stretched can end up so smooth and shiny.

And what's the car on the Austin-Healey 100's right in the shop photo? It looks really familiar, but I can't think of what it is and it's driving me nuts!

It's amazing to me how something so beaten, shrunken, and stretched can end up so smooth and shiny.

And what's the car on the Austin-Healey 100's right in the shop photo? It looks really familiar, but I can't think of what it is and it's driving me nuts!

So from the car nearest the camera we have :
Alvis Healey
Austin Healey 100
AC Cobra
Salmson VAL3
MG 18/80
AC Ace chassis

The workshop looks a lot more crowded now as we have had a sudden influx of single seater race cars! With the race season rapidly approaching it seems everyone wants last minute changes! Coopers, Lolas and Lotus are everywhere! Lol

Ah, I never even heard of an Alvis-Healey, but it did trigger my memory and I was thinking Nash-Healey. Donald Healey really got around!

Coopers, Lolas, and Lotuses—wow, I'm working the wrong job, I think!

Working on one of the side panels

20170314_085946_zpsbackcfle.jpg

I'm still a little unsure exactly how the front is going to look. I do have several ideas......I also have some copper sheet and copper solid rivets....... :)

What I do know is that it will be shiny! The panels in the picture haven't been polished yet, the shine comes from the squeezing in the english wheel.

Latest posts

Back