(MBBO#05 CLASS 2) - Sassy - Finished - Round 2.5, riding strong!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, been out of the loop the past week or so. Holiday stuff and all; you crashed, came back, rebuilt, upgraded fork and paint, and now you're back on the bike! Looks great, I really like the new fork design. Really cleans up the lines!

Dude, been out of the loop the past week or so. Holiday stuff and all; you crashed, came back, rebuilt, upgraded fork and paint, and now you're back on the bike! Looks great, I really like the new fork design. Really cleans up the lines!
Thanks OJ, yes, been busy as well, The scabs have healed from a week ago. Tore it down and stripped it on sunday.

I too, like the fork more each time i walk past it. Those tapered ends really catch my eye. Shiny...

Still working the stainless up front tomorrow, to finish making it ready. Hoping to get out in the afternoon for that 1/4 mile time on the 10 spd.

New brackets vs old. Plus guard and chain...

Stance seems to have stretched a hair.

Brackets fit square and are solid.

Still need to fit in the brake and add two spokes.

Spent the rest of the day decorating the tree... my little corner...

Looking good to ride again soon!!

Last edited:
Still working to make this a ride-worthy bike for the way that I ridem. Unfortunately, my mods, riding style and the stress test i put it thru on monday found another weak spot.

Not sure how many others try to break their stuff as they build it, but I do at least try to test them out for common things that i do when out on a ride, or cruising around the neighborhood. Bunny hop, curbs, sometimes a jump or an ollie.. The only two I didnt do this to were Torred and that world z rust monster.

The point I am rattling on about, is I broke this bike again. Was out front bunny hopping, curb jumping and making sure it was going to stay together and one of the struts on that "high tensile strength" springer curled up. I will admit, i thought they looked weak, and i weakened them more by adding more torque on them by spreading the mount with those brackets. Have a need for real.struts instead of these decorations...

I picked up some hex rod to make some real struts to replace the cheap ones.

I Wish it didn't happen, but Glad it happened on the 20th or so hop, at home, no speed. I was watching it as it happened because I caught movement down there on previous hop.

The fork tubes themselves held up well. Those tapered tubes seem quite strong considering the hit asphalt also..

More to come soon. Have a slave cylinder and throw out bearing todo this weekend for a friend, but have next week off.

Merry Christmas MC! Nice warm glow in that last pic....
Merry Christmas to you too OJ! Thanks.

I am Getting to take my end of year vacation this year. So will be relaxing an enjoying the family.

Late this afternoon i bounced around on the bike a bit. Seems pretty solid. No issues this far. Still want to make those new struts next week. Got head and tail lights added. If i wanna take it downtown at night, they are required.

The twisted, being about am inch shorter lowered the front end and BB. Guard is looking at the downward angle i like..

In the last set of pictures, we were looking at a freshly paintrd spricket.

Now that i have a few miles on it and havent skipped chain, that 10 speed chain wore off the white on every other tooth. Sweet!

What front ring you running with the 10 sp chain? Your wear pattern is a perfect illustration of how the narrow/wide chainring concept works. No drops with that ring?

What front ring you running with the 10 sp chain? Your wear pattern is a perfect illustration of how the narrow/wide chainring concept works. No drops with that ring?
Its just a regular 3/32 multi speed chainring. Up to 10 speed, i thought inner dimensions were similar on multi spd chains. This is snug, but doesnt hangup. Fits just fine, doesnt drop frar or make much noise. [emoji106]

Nice looking setup on the 10 speed...:thumbsup:....the 10 and 11 speed chains are def a bit thinner than the 7,8 and 9 speed chains. Looks like that's working great.

I'm going to write a new song for you two 'gear heads'.....it's to the tune of "Working on the Chain Gang"....called "Working on the Drive Train".....

'That's the sound of the men, working on the drive, train. All day long, they work so hard, till the sun is going down. Watching the chain on that chain ring, going round. *huh-ah* *huh-ah* Chad T..all day long, MC....working on the drive train...'

I'm going to write a new song for you two 'gear heads'.....it's to the tune of "Working on the Chain Gang"....called "Working on the Drive Train".....

'That's the sound of the men, working on the drive, train. All day long, they work so hard, till the sun is going down. Watching the chain on that chain ring, going round. *huh-ah* *huh-ah* Chad T..all day long, MC....working on the drive train...'

Hehe, I can hear it now. Too funny. I think my work on Sassy is finally nearing an end. Seat color to Electric Blue and bright Blue grips planned before in the spring. Yellow is getting dirty from riding and will need replacing,.or washing by then

Last.few.days been working a white car instead of bike. The white one left for its home last night. Famcy New hydraulic throwout installed and that /6 4bbl 4spd Quite the runner.
20161221_122426.jpg

The black one lives here. 273 4bbl 4spd.
20161221_122443.jpg

Latest posts

Back