1966 Raleigh Sports Chrome Dealer Display

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have been searching for a nice Raleigh Sports for some time. Today I discovered the ultimate form of one. A 1966 dealer display chrome version. I have only seen one chrome Tourist before. My 50th birthday is in a few weeks and Im always told to find something with the money Im given. So this special 50 year old bike is it. I bought it off ebay today and it should arrive in time for the big day. After a careful cleaning and thorough overhaul, it will hang in my den/trainroom ready to go along with a nickel plated Marklin dealer display train set.

Very nice and rare bike. Here's how it will look in ww:
66ChromeSports1.jpg

Very nice and rare bike. Here's how it will look in ww:
66ChromeSports1.jpg
Great pic. I knew these existed but never saw one. The whitewalls are a nice touch. I may go that direction with it. I will definitely replace the seat with the same thing and find all the red R acorn nuts

Personally I'd go with red or green with a color matched Brooks... But I own noting original let alone stock... ps.... defiantly need that seat for my Humber when you settle on a replacement..:D

Latest posts

Back