Elgin and?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped at a small LBS today. He has two older girls he is willing to part with. A skip tooth Elgin, and ? I'm looking for an Iden on the second one any info on both and a value for the two. The Elgin is rough, but looks like it is all there. The other looks in better shape but needs wheel rebuild. Intend to offer him a fair price.

Thanks!

Kruez

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I stopped at a small LBS today. He has two older girls he is willing to part with. A skip tooth Elgin, and ? I'm looking for an Iden on the second one any info on both and a value for the two. The Elgin is rough, but looks like it is all there. The other looks in better shape but needs wheel rebuild. Intend to offer him a fair price.

Thanks!

Kruez

c1fc8d257c85f3e2e60dc6836143fa13.jpg

I would expect to pay less than 100 for both, plus the tires. Plus tge contents if the front rack, And the peregrine box.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Agreed that the red bike sports Huffy identifiers--could have been badged a number of different ways. Looks a lot like this Huffman-built Western Flyer, sans tank and other gadgets. Fork also matches my '41 WF...except for the whole bein' bent part.

western-flyer-blue.jpg

That red bikes forks are bent pretty bad, I wouldn't go too nuts on that one. It might be a Huffy chainring, but certainly don't take my word for it.
iIm more interested in WHAT that STEM is??on the red bike..:13: Looks weird..!!

Agreed that the red bike sports Huffy identifiers--could have been badged a number of different ways. Looks a lot like this Huffman-built Western Flyer, sans tank and other gadgets. Fork also matches my '41 WF...except for the whole bein' bent part.

western-flyer-blue.jpg
And WOW! Did a triple take on your picture!Looked like the one I had at MY house this spring! LOL
20160308_104510.jpg

Id be into the Elgin for a little over 100. The skirts are a hard find and with the Guard and rear fender, youre Golden, Pony Boy!

yeah id not even mes with the red one it looks like it took a pretty hard ht to the front but id be in about 75 on the elgin bear in mind both are girls bikes and not very valuable with that being said however that elgin is gorgeous so i would say if i was offering up i would offer about 75 on it because of teh skirt guards and its completeness id pass on the red one

20psi in each tire and I rode a full lap around the neighborhood. Lol. Perhaps a good cleaning and take it for another go.

The lbs has an interesting tool. It's a jack that extends from the bottom bracket to the front axle. We're are going to attempt to straighten the fork on the red bike. I will take some pics, however, have nothing to lose for trying I don't think.

Latest posts

Back