Iron Horse Finished 3+year build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally finished a vision I had 3 1/2 years ago. Took dimensions off that Cyclone picture that was floating around the internet that had dimensions on it. Modeled most of this build in CAD to check fits, etc. After I commenced to building. I welded, cut, milled,stitched, laced everything you see in this picture. Some stuff I had to get done was the stainless on the tank panels laser cut before I welded them. I also had the rear stays bent because I didn't have access to bender that would do 3/4 diameter .120 wall tubing. I also had the electrical for lights and battery wired by an electrical engineer friend. It runs between 40-45 mph as geared. Hopefully i can get pictures uploaded.
Karbo
Boardtracker 001.JPG
Boardtracker 002.JPG

Awesome bike nice work and she's pretty fast too , very clean [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More pics to follow.

Attachments

• Boardtracker 003.JPG
    Boardtracker 003.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 458
  • Boardtracker 004.JPG
    Boardtracker 004.JPG
    252 KB · Views: 499
  • Boardtracker 005.JPG
    Boardtracker 005.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 464
  • Boardtracker 006.JPG
    Boardtracker 006.JPG
    294.2 KB · Views: 465
  • Boardtracker 007.JPG
    Boardtracker 007.JPG
    272.4 KB · Views: 453
Thanks for kind words all.
Took this to a couple car/motorcycle shows. It gets a lot of attention by all ages surprisingly enough.....

I had modeled it in CAD originally to get it lined up with frame, sprocket, wheels, etc.. I planned on tipping the motor to a more upright position. Also wanted to utilize any original mounts and/or holes that were already on the engine. So it basically became a 1/4" plate that I intersected with some 2" X 4" (?) steel channel cut at the proper angle on the rear mount. I milled out area's that needed clearance. I added some rubber mounts to reduce vibration.
The front mount was just a fabricated chunk of 1/4" steel I cut and milled to fit the frame down tube and mounted engine to it solid (no rubber bushings).

Hit 48 mph this past summer on it. I am making some improvements. A few things vibrated loose that I have to improve. Nothing major though.

Latest posts

Back