Recent content by wheelbender6

1. wheelbender6

Wood frame bicycle

The chain ring looks really thick. It must have carried a heavy, industrial chain.
  2. wheelbender6

When a 24 isn’t a 24

Its that new math that your kid has been telling you about. A 24x1.75" tire does not fit the same rim as a 24x1-3/4" tire. I have heard that tire sizes with decimals are based on bead diameter and tire sizes with fractions are based on diameter at the tread.
  3. wheelbender6

Opie

I dig the copper plumbing fittings in the fork. Reminds me of the manifold and exhaust on pre 1930 motorcycles.
  4. wheelbender6

Bikes on bridges

I would have to stop by River Street Sweets for a beignet or two while there. That bike is just diabolical.
  5. wheelbender6

Mid 1990s mtb id help

Looks like a Univega or Diamondback, but the American flag would not be displayed on either of those.
  6. wheelbender6

Apple Krate-A-Bout project

I'm glad you built your Schwinn to ridden. rather than displayed.
  7. wheelbender6

oHIo LOWrider - Finished

Awesome. 26" wheels?
  8. wheelbender6

these dropouts

You can always add an axle mounted derailleur.
  9. wheelbender6

Lake Charles

God bless the people of Lake Charles. They have a very long road ahead.
  10. wheelbender6

Western Flyer.....Year?

That is very complete for an old WF. My WF was very similar. Mine was a 1976 model made in Tennessee by Murray.
  11. wheelbender6

Schwinn Rumbler - Klunker

Agreed, but there are some parts of the country where it is very difficult to find old cruiser bikes
  12. wheelbender6

harley electric bicycle

Reminds me of some of the older KHS bikes, like the Bxtch, It really was named that by KHS.
  13. wheelbender6

My fleet

That is quite a fleet. Id say one of the Phat bikes is the flag ship.
  14. wheelbender6

Trek 850 Mountain Track XC

Nice find. True Temper OX tubing is good stuff.
  15. wheelbender6

Fat So?

The 4" wide tires are great in the sand. I could go anywhere, if I wanted to pedal hard enough.