Recent content by UnkleYoda

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. UnkleYoda

Three-In-One Oil History

Heat is not everything, you gotta have flavor too.
  2. UnkleYoda

HBBC Shifter for Nexus Grip Shift

Hello, I'm looking for a HBBC shifter to go on a Nexus grip shift. (or something similar) Every store I can find on the internet is out of them. A shop in Northern California has them, but has flaked on me to buy one. Hit me up I you have one you're looking to get rid of. Thanks
  3. UnkleYoda

Thick Brick on a 24" Wheel

Awesome! Thanks.
  4. UnkleYoda

Thanks
  5. UnkleYoda

I'm kicking around the idea of replacing my rear wheel with a 24", with a Thick Brick tire. I just want to make sure that it will fit. What is the actual width of the tire, frame clearance wise? I would be putting it on a late 90s Schwinn Cruiser Deluxe 7. I believe it the same frame as the 90s...
  6. UnkleYoda

Dyno Motoglide - NJ

I wish I lived near Jersey.
  7. UnkleYoda

Shorten a steer tube

Yeah, probably. I’ve seen people thread a couple crown nuts (or whatever they call them) on and use them as a guide. Also, you’ll ‘fix’ the threads when you screw the nut off. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. UnkleYoda

Shorten a steer tube

You can cut the tube down, if there are enough threads to still install. I have a bike shop do it for me, because they have a tool that threads on to the steerer, and guides the hacksaw.
  9. UnkleYoda

Phantom fork lock

I found this out on the internet. It looks like there may have been kits available at one time.
  10. UnkleYoda

Phantom fork lock

Thanks, that clarifies some things.
  11. UnkleYoda

Phantom fork lock

I have a 2000 Schwinn Cruiser Deluxe 7, that I have owned since new. It has the Phantom reissue frame and fork, that was made in the US. It has the lock hole on the fork, but no 'innards'. They didn't come with the locks. I've looked around on the internet and have seen locks for them, and have...
  12. UnkleYoda

The Sierra Klunker is sick!!

Ditch the rack, drop the seat all the way down, and throw some ape hangers on it. Then you gotta bike. It is pretty dope though. I ride the heck out of it, but the rack has to go.
  13. UnkleYoda

63 schwinn custom

Did the 24”/3” fit without frame mods? I’ve got a Schwinn 2000 cruiser deluxe 7. This would be a sweet setup. (The frame is the late 90s Phantom reissue) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. UnkleYoda

Nexus Suicide Shifter

Yeah, i had it there, and it worked well. The downside is, I want my seat as low as I can, so I had to raise it. I ended up finding an HBBC shifter and mount online. So I ordered them. Now, I'm waiting for them to show up. I'll post pictures when I install it. Thanks for the replies.
  15. UnkleYoda

63 schwinn custom

Awesome! It looks like you did fat/skinny tires, what sizes are they? I'm thinking about doing a fat/skinny setup.
Back