Recent content by Tomburr

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Tomburr

EC RIDER

Super clean build, I love the vibe this bike has. Great job!
  2. Tomburr

(MBBO4 CLASS 1) X FACTOR

This bike is absolutely gorgeous. I'm proud to have made a small contribution to the build. Congratulations!
  3. Tomburr

SB-II , Calling It DONE..

Third chain guard gets my vote.
  4. Tomburr

Springer front end fork tube length

Could anyone post up some pics showing this on their bikes? I would love to see a spacer setup that is subtle and/or doesn't look too out of place on an old crusty frame.
  5. Tomburr

Have you scheen my Schwuffys?

I agree. I am not a welder myself, but I've learned and seen enough to tell good from bad. The weld beads look blobby and inconsistent. He took off too much material with the grinder, probably trying to clean up the blobs. I think the trait that sets apart the best in the industry, besides...
  6. Tomburr

Girvin/Noleen Forks Transformation (PIC HEAVY)

I know who your friend is! Sweet modification. Post some pics once it's mounted to a bike, I'd love to see the finished product.
  7. Tomburr

The Hepkat * I'm back!!

Awesome rides, all around.
  8. Tomburr

Schwinn canti BMX

Wow, those wheels cleaned up beautifully! Can't wait to see this one come together. How did you clean them up?
  9. Tomburr

CCM Slow Cold Build

Whoa, that Monark is amazing! The beehive belongs on it.
  10. Tomburr

Hercules Rat Rod Project

I remember that frame in the classified section. Great work! What a transformation.
  11. Tomburr

CCM Slow Cold Build

Neat frame! I really like the clean & simple look of the narrow aluminum fender on the back. Perhaps less is more with this bike.
  12. Tomburr

12 Gauge

Wow, how did you clean the frame?
  13. Tomburr

Welcome to the Monkey Ward

Looking really good. That light fits the bike like a glove. I dig the vintage vibe, but if it were my bike I'd be tempted to try out some low profile handlebar grips, or even tape wrapping the bars. That's just my 2 cents, though.
  14. Tomburr

huffy camaro ratstore walkaround video now added

Looks like it's coming along nicely. If the steering is tight, you probably need to loosen the top bearing race of the headset.
  15. Tomburr

NightShift Worksman Build

I like where this is headed. What size are those Thickslicks?
Back