Recent content by slickhead

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

My Ruff E-Cruiser build

If you run into any issues (like the circle clip popping off the rear sprocket) just let me know. I have learned a trick or two.
  2. S

My Ruff E-Cruiser build

I love that cruiser.
  3. S

My Ruff E-Cruiser build

I looked into those but most of the forums and articles seemed to think the 3-speed would be more reliable with the BBSHD.
  4. S

My Ruff E-Cruiser build

I really like the idea of the NuVinci, but, by some accounts the NuVinci wouldn't handle the power of the BBSHD or it would handle it for a time but then give out. I'm not sure how long NuVinci will be around and I liked the shifter-lever options with the conventional IGH options. Also, I wanted...
  5. S

My Ruff E-Cruiser build

Robocop (1987) is so close to my heart I can't bear to watch the remake, but I do love some Michael Keaton. The wheels are both 26" x 80mm. I had considered a 29" for the front but there are too few fat/plus/baloon size tire and wheel choices at that diameter. I think my fork would support it...
  6. S

My Ruff E-Cruiser build

Another thing to consider is this. If you climb hills often the low gear in the IGH will help you keep the RPM of the BBSHD in a more comfortable range, thus reducing heat of the BBSHD. Would you rather replace an IGH or a BBSHD?
  7. S

My Ruff E-Cruiser build

I use a Shimano Nexus 3-speed internal hub with a disc brake adapter. People have been running 2000w plus on these without issue as long as they don't shift under load. From what I have read, it is just as sturdy as a single speed while in 2nd (1:1 ratio) but since there are some fairly big...
  8. S

My Ruff E-Cruiser build

It is a bbshd. The battery is a TRIANGLE 52v Panasonic GA 18650 24ah Pack HIGH POWER + LONG RANGE I just changed the bag, the crank arms and the seat post for an improved seat position. See my new photo above !
  9. S

My Ruff E-Cruiser build

Thanks. Alpkit made a great custom bag and it was the least expensive custom bag I could find. Once they had my template, I had the bag here from the UK in a little over a week. I was very pleased. Their custom bags start at under $100.
  10. S

My Ruff E-Cruiser build

I went with this. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C6O4Z3U/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I use a step down or buck converter to drop the 52v battery to 12v
  11. S

Hi from Nashville

Did you like it? What did you do while here?
  12. S

Hi from Nashville

I'm Neal. Happy to be here.
  13. S

My Ruff E-Cruiser build

Custom E-Cruiser v2.2 RuffCycles Dean2.0 Frame - TSP Cycle Farms Demon Springer fork - Bafang BBSHD mid drive - Shimano 3-speed IGH - Lepper Hammock Saddle - Shimano hydraulic disc brakes
Back