Recent content by skywriter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

"Fixing" Up the Dynasty-New car possible?

Re: "Fixing" Up the dynasty. I had one of them..with the 3.0 motor i think it was..it was a rocket.....we bought it with 40k and sold it with around 180k..still in good running shape......only thing was it had a lot of electric problems......after a few days of rain, the wipers and door locks...
  2. S

my winter bike......

jamis earth criser with a set of motorcycle bars and some super minty welded wald large baskets.......fenders are just some beat up ones lying in the shed i painted to match the rims.......the bike is nice and heavy, and tracks wonderful in the snow......I also picked up this worksman folder...
  3. S

dahon folder with dimension edge

picked this up the other day.......dahon folder with a dimension edge direct drive 2 stroke engine kit.Its a blast to ride......real simple, shift the lever in and its engaged...throttle and kill switch on handlebars.im gonna say it does around 35, however the dahon is very light......and has...
  4. S

freebie from a thrift shop

i understand. the struts are rusty, and the dings need fixing....so that and a fresh coat of black and they would be good enough for mine, but they really arent useable as is.....
  5. S

here ya go..I may fix the dents and paint them black and use them on mine , havent decided yet
  6. S

looks like they came off your bike..........I would rather trade them for parts than money.....got anything interesting? any large cruiser bars like on yours? ill get a pic of them later
  7. S

I stopped at a thrift store on my way back from VA 2 days ago] I was down there buying a old BMW to restore. (I always stop and look for bikes)..there wasn't anything I was interested in ,and one of the employees told me he had one out back he wasnt going to sell...it was a dyno glide beach...
  8. S

worksman trike

I was kind of comparing my kids murray go cart and the trike and they seem to have the same bearings, axle etc...I think im going to buy a HF 2.5 clone engine for $89 and stick it on there....If I flip the rear steel box and build wooden stake sides for it , it will look nice and the motor...
  9. S

worksman trike

picked up this worksman mover trike this weekend....supposedly they had a fleet of them at the local air base, and the guy I got it from fished this and another one out of a dumpster after the military discarded them ....it rides great, carried my 8 year old and my 2 boston terriers around...
  10. S

2 lady jc higgins bikes

thanks for the idea..think im going to do a sexchange on one , then do it up like that one..
  11. S

2 lady jc higgins bikes

picked up these 2 ladies j.C. Higgins bikes this weekend off a scrap metal pile.....think theres enough stuff to build 1 bike from the 2..........and then scrap the rest.......any idea which would be the better frame to use? my first choice is the wheel less one since its not as rusty.
Back