Recent content by RobSmith

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. RobSmith

FOUND "Down on the Upside" Felt handlebars

Found these bars. Thanks to Paul Scott !
  2. RobSmith

Finished Felt Speedway 2-SP today

Barn Find in December '23... and now it's done - to OEM specs, except for the BB, crank stuffs and chain - which had to be upgraded. Thanks to: -Paul Scott for the bars -Pedal Driven (LBS - Sanford, FL) for the BB/Cranks stuff -ijt64 (ebay) for the grips -Amazon for the rattlecan Brick Red...
  3. RobSmith

What have you been riding lately?

78 degrees in central FL today!
  4. RobSmith

Barn find - If you know, you know...

Man, would have loved to have found a NOS one! But now that I have this one - it's getting better every day with some upgraded parts that still keep it looking original. Your response came at a great time. My GF asked me yesterday how much I had into the bike? Even with the new parts + the...
  5. RobSmith

Just to let you know - it's coming along nicely. Paint's done, new bottom bracket/crank arms/sprocket, seat and seatpost, new chain, cleaned and re-greased wheelset bearings... Awaiting the OEM "Down-on-the-upside" handlebars, imported from the front range in Colorado!
  6. RobSmith

Speedway back from the LBS, getting a new bottom end

Starting off slowly.
  7. RobSmith

Speedway back from the LBS, getting a new bottom end

Took the frame to the LBS to have them figure out how to put in new bottom bracket bearings, after some research, they decided it would be better in the long run to replace the entire bottom bracket, crank arms and chainwheel. Now the frame is back so it was time to go to the paintshop. Well...
  8. RobSmith

Felt STOCK beach cruiser bikes for sale (check back for more additions!)

Hey Irontri... Just ran across your post(s). You may replace Cousin Eddie as my new hero of December. I recently bought a Felt Speedway and am looking for the OEM "Down on the Upside" bars. Any luck in your parts bins?
  9. RobSmith

OK. Put in the order. You have the best looking grips man! Once I get the bars, and get your grips on - I'll send you a photo and you can use it on your eBay site. Order number: 10-10918-17940
  10. RobSmith

Getting on ebay now! Don't suppose I can get a coupon code :)
  11. RobSmith

FOUND "Down on the Upside" Felt handlebars

These came on a few of the Felt fatbikes from 2015-2017. I have a Speedway that I'm trying to restore. Also, if anyone has a pretty good replacement idea, I'm open to suggestions -Thanks
  12. RobSmith

Very close! Felt made their own - which I can likely not get. But I DO know where to get coke bottle grips now! (Thanks ):)
  13. RobSmith

So, it's a Felt Speedway 2-SP (2015-2017), and I want to turn it back to original as possible. I know there are a few of you guys here who have Speedways - and if you have a source for the "Down on the Upside" handlebars, I'l love to get the info. Looks like the bike just needs bars, seat and...
  14. RobSmith

Hey guys! I just managed to find this bike -the day after "World Domination By FatBike" Day. Barn find, had to drive 2 hours to pick it up, and it's really not in bad shape.
  15. RobSmith

Felt Speedway

Nicely done, Seahunt. The Speedway is an awesome bike, for sure!
Back