Recent content by RivNut

1. RivNut

Tank for 58-59 JC Higgins boy's Flightliner

As the title says. This tank is specific for the 58 - 59 Flightliner. It has separate switches for the headlight and the horn. I don't care if the light and/or horn work; I'm more interested in the aesthetic value. Send me a PM with what you have. Thanks, Ed
  2. RivNut

Copper plating

You do realize that that green thing that stands in New York harbor, Lady Liberty, is made of copper. Take a look at all of the copper domes on churches and government buildings.
  3. RivNut

Schwinn kick stand

I'm 86'ing this want ad for a kick stand. A little research shows that a 55 Hornet came with a "detachable" kickstand. I have the correct chainguard and if I were to continue with the Starlet, I'd need to find a set of chrome S2 rims. I'll be happy with my painted rims and feather chain...
  4. RivNut

Schwinn kick stand

Sent you a PM
  5. RivNut

Schwinn kick stand

Here's a picture of the Schwinn frame with the missing kick stand housing. After I removed the bolt-on kick stand, I can see that it appears that it was not torched off but rather it was just broke off. If you can help me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again, Ed
  6. RivNut

Schwinn kick stand

That would be great. I'll take a couple of pictures this afternoon and let you see what I need Thanks, Ed
  7. RivNut

Schwinn kick stand

I recently acquired a 55 Schwinn Starlet, complete except that the built in kickstand has been surgically removed with a torch. I can clean up where it was cut off but I need the part. If anyone has a junked out Schwinn frame from which they could cut out the kick stand housing and kick stand...
  8. RivNut

show us your chick bikes heres mine

Here's what happens when you have daughters and neices. A bunch of Schwinns and one lone AMC Caravan
  9. RivNut

Show your Black and White photos

Here's a picture of the bike that I built from a frame, chain ring, and fork. Didn't want to go to the expense of chroming a bunch of stuff so I bought a couple of cans of camo paint. The picture above is of the same bike but I got to playing around with Photoscape. :) Hope that's fair. Ed
  10. RivNut

Rat bike guys adjustable wrench.

This is available on Amazon for about $17. Found it when I was looking for this set of thin wrenches I got a couple of years ago.
  11. RivNut

WTB: 26 x 2.125 patina wheelset

I have this dirty chrome 26" balloon w/coaster brake non-skip tooth but nothing for the front. Send me a PM if you're interested. I'm not trying to get rich, it's just taking up room.
  12. RivNut

Removing house paint ?

I thought of this the other day when I was watching an episode of Ask This Old House. How much of that old house paint that you want to remove has a lead in it. Lead paint was outlawed in 1978. Chances are that paint you're trying to remove is older than that.
  13. RivNut

Franken Tandem gallery

Of course there's the Pedal Pub in Omaha's Old Market District
  14. RivNut

Franken Tandem gallery

In the original post, @Rickpaulous mentions that he built a quad some years ago. Last year I came across a couple of Murray middleweights that were really cheap so I bought them for the accessories - tires, wheels, handlebars, etc. I drew up some plans to make a quadracycle from them. Has...