Recent content by ratrodtrikes44

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

Tires for this bike I just picked up.....

Got the Kenda k40 's and tubes. Think the tires were original. Came off and on really easy! Ride nice. Thanks.
  2. R

Is this the right part?

Got another screw in there, think I am in 2nd, I know it's not 3rd! Rides nice. Am fine with single speed Only for cruising neighborhood. Thanks for the help and suggestions. Who knows,maybe someday will want the gears......
  3. R

Is this the right part?

ok, so looks like the ball came off.....my twist grip looks a little different,, will show when I get a chance...thanks.
  4. R

Is this the right part?

Ok, just don't see how the cable stays in the twist grip shifter...don't know which one to get and if there was an end on the cable...... might stay with this...maybe a shorter screw.
  5. R

Is this the right part?

Ok, so I got the gear indicator...too short. Tried adjusting cable on frame to compensate and while doing, cable came out of twist grip shifter. Just a bare end on it with no stop, jammed it back in, comes out every time I try to adjust. How can I get the hub to stay in 2nd gear without using...
  6. R

Is this the right part?

Thanks!
  7. R

Is this the right part?

Thanks...of the two chain indicators listed above, which do you think I should try first?
  8. R

Is this the right part?

It has a coaster brake hub.....does that change anything when looking for the correct indicator chain?
  9. R

Is this the right part?

But this looks closest to what I have...
  10. R

Is this the right part?

I think this might work..... https://www.ebay.com/itm/361999999109
  11. R

Cable barrel adjuster stuck.....

Chain is broke on gear adjuster...barrel will not screw off to replace. When I turn barrel the whole cable turns with it. Trying not to break as I don't want to replace cable.......Don't know if I should try and hold cable and force it...... It is an old 3 speed twist grip...looks like it...
  12. R

Goodyear Highway Patrol by Columbia.....

Which would be better for occasionally riding on some gravel roads (not solid gravel) just a kind of hard bumpy road with some gravel thats scattered on it...
  13. R

Is this the right part?

Will take apart tomorrow...yes, the one in the pic has 6 links and the two I will get have 5 links. I think mine is 5 links.
  14. R

Tires for this bike I just picked up.....

So, I guess I am looking at these...
Back