Recent content by papawrandy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. P

Fat tire, narrow rim

Not trying to hi jack this tread but I was wondering about this also. I got a 20” bike out of a dumpster at work with a 2.8 tire on a freewheel rim. It has no brake components so I was wondering about mounting it on a coaster brake rim. What size is safe to use? It’s a beater bike for my...
  2. P

PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION

I have been a car guy all my life,59 years come November. Working on bikes found at yard sales,junk yards and Craigslist lets me modify them and take some of itch away from not having time or money for hot rods. I can share them with my grandkids which is a big plus. All of you on here are...
  3. P

Springer fork ID

Could anyone tell me what brand this fork is? Is it worth restoring?Looks like the threads are pretty rough. Thanks
  4. P

Buzz Bike age

Thanks,Adam!I will check for the decal
  5. P

Buzz Bike age

I am wondering if anyone can give a little help on finding when this WF Buzz Bike was made.The serial number is on the neck,so I think it has to be a '72 or later.The first letter looks like a p to me and the guy I got it from thought it was a h.I haven't seen either listed.Any help would be...
  6. P

How old are you!!

55...until Monday 11/03 :crazy:
  7. P

Schwinn Stinray Chopper

The white chain looks cool with the white bike
  8. P

Western Flyer Buzzbike

Traded a Micargi Tahiti for this Western Flyer Buzzbike today.The chrome is rusty,but it looks complete.I have been looking for a muscle bike for awhile!Does anyone know how to date it? Thanks
  9. P

WCC Meets Military Surplus

That is the coolest shifter I have ever seen!
  10. P

Wham o wheelie bars

Anyone remember this commercial? http://www.yourememberthat.com/media/3175/WHAM_O_WHEELIE_BAR_TV_COMMERCIAL_1966/#.VA0GkPldW2B
  11. P

Build off Bike Named El Boogie

I have this exact bike,I"ll be watching this one!
  12. P

Who here is over 50?

55...does that make me a classic?
  13. P

26 inch DYNO FrankenBMX. FIRST RIDE! SERIOUS FUN!

Re: 26 inch DYNO FrankenBMX. DROPOUTS DONE! NEARLY FINISHED! Looks great!Can't wait to see some bike tricks! :D
  14. P

1982 Murray Monterey

Re: 198X Murray Monterey I picked one of these a while back.I put a wide tire on the front and narrow one on front.Threw on a set of motorcycle ape hangers and I'm waiting on a good deal on a banana seat and sissy bar for a 26" muscle bike look.Made in USA,cheap and fun to ride,what else can...
  15. P

Cruiser build for my sis

Nice build!I love the green color and the black really sets it off.Great job!
Back