Recent content by MONARKofSoCal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. MONARKofSoCal

NEW build "Dynamo" previously Lady Godiva

For those of you coming to check out the final progress pics they are unfortunately still on my phone along with the final pics that I was hoping to load before the deadline Due to my phones charging/usb port failing sunday overnight these 3 pics where the only ones I was able to successfully...
  2. MONARKofSoCal

Dynamo

3. MONARKofSoCal

After getting the dana attached i noticed an alignment problem with the rear sprocket I needed it to be mounted as close to the spokes as possible since i cannot adjust the dana father to the coaster brake side here is the new set up pre mounting the rear sprocket will be attached the chain...
  4. MONARKofSoCal

Here is the dana all bolted up and different shots to show clearance may need to shift it 1/4 of an inch but will not know till I get the other parts on
  5. MONARKofSoCal

Thnx 4 the heads up on the chain line but yes I did see that and corrected it just not before i took those mock up pics Here is how i have the dana mocked up after adjusting to clear the chain line I spent the weekend looking for something that i could use to attach the u bolts to the...
  6. MONARKofSoCal

Thanx 4 the heads up one of the other reasons I decided to go with this build at such a last minuet is that since everything is bolt on and I am trying to keep it as original as possible I can simply switch out the dana setup and go back to a stock drivetrain and just post the bike in a basic...
  7. MONARKofSoCal

Ordered some of these nickson 1" air tube clamps from O'Rielly auto to mount the dana to the frame Here is the rough mockup with 5 clamps lined up with the bolts from the dana just need to get either get some steel plate or steel square tube to use for attaching I want to try and use 4 since i...
  8. MONARKofSoCal

Since I am using the dana as a jackshaft I need to find out what the actual gear ratios are I found some info only stating how much percentage over or under standard drive the gears where but unfortunately that isnt enough info to help me I installed the dana on a standard schwinn frame with...
  9. MONARKofSoCal

My idea with dynamo is to turn the dana into a jackshaft and place it into the area of the bend in order to replicate the look of a motor on a vintage boardtracker for anyone who is curious the bottom bracket uses standard 5/8 bearings with a cotter pin crank The kit for installing the dana...
  10. MONARKofSoCal

Unfortunately no been busy with a few things one of them being a new part acquisition for a different bicycle that i want to immediately start working on meet Dynamo a Stelber Jet Streak I Bought this bike a few years back because i really like the stelber designed frame look at this lower...
  11. MONARKofSoCal

Getting the new bb ready to attach to frame Its off the Columbia double eagle tandem that I cut up last year One of the best parts about this particular bb is it only has one small hole where the seat tube was originally attached I will use that as the initial location area where it will be...
  12. MONARKofSoCal

Close up of the rear extender piece now that it has been modified and bolted to the arm (i did have to shave a little off the end to make it slide into the bracket) Here is the springer bracket If you notice I had to trim off a small part to help it clear the seat post tube with out doing...
  13. MONARKofSoCal

Sorry for the delay but I decided I needed to attach the rear springer arms to the bb It turned out the old attachment way interfered with the crank arms no matter what I did Since I will need to put in a new bb for the crank I decided it would look better integrating the bb as the mounting...
  14. MONARKofSoCal

Found a way that to make another attachment area using more parts from the 20" springer took a bit to find a way that didnt look to cluttered This is bolt setup I used to make the springer attachment work the middle spaces are sandwiched inside the hole with the wider outside spaces holding...
  15. MONARKofSoCal

Picked up this black on black 18" coaster brake wheel with 18 x 3.0 tire still not ready to chose between a 20" or an 18" but at least now i have the option to mock both up and see
Back