Recent content by MJW300

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. MJW300

Mongoose Dolomite 'Street Edition'

Moike - Post some more pictures of your Dolo with the BOA-Gs. I think us two are the only ones with these tires, haven't seen any others so far. Talking about speed, there is currently one of those speed check sign thingies down the street from my house right now. After work, I will take a run...
  2. MJW300

I also am using a 3-ring crankset (48-38-28), but with a Problem Solvers FS1325 (Moonlander) adaptor. No spacers are needed with the FS1325, just an FYI.
  3. MJW300

COOL. Also, you can get the BOA-G tires in the store on this site if that's the way you're going with the tires.
  4. MJW300

Here is a picture of the Shimano Acera 'rapid fire' shifters on the handlebars. These are really nice, quick shifts and you keep your hands on the bars.
  5. MJW300

Mike - Here are all of the parts I used to convert to 21-speeds: Shimano Acera SL-M310-L (3X) Left Shift Lever Shimano Acera SL-M310-7R (7S) Right Shift Lever Shimano Altus FC-M311 Front Chainwheel (28-38-48T) Shimano FD-M711-D Direct Mount Front Derailleur Problem Solvers Direct Mount 100MM...
  6. MJW300

The BOA Gs are 3.45" so that Twenty G may work for you.
  7. MJW300

Thanks Skip. Since the last pictures I posted here, I have finished the conversion to 21 speeds. Although I cannot use 'all' of the speeds because the largest sprockets on the front and rear are just too far offset. I mainly did it for the 48 tooth gear on the front, which I guess is now the...
  8. MJW300

1978 Sears Screamer MX restored

Thanks. Well, this is what I started with. I stripped the old paint off the forks, bars and frame. I had the forks, bars, kickstand and crank powder coated satin black. I had the frame powder coated RAL 1023 yellow, matching the original color. (Pictures make the frame look more yellow than it...
  9. MJW300

Thanks. Seems like the Screamer and the Evel Knievel bikes are the rarest of these AMF built BMX bikes, the Avengers are much more common.
  10. MJW300

More pictures.
  11. MJW300

Here's one you won't see everyday. A genuine Sears Screamer MX bike, I had one of these back in 1978 when I was a teenager. Put the finishing touches on the restoration last night. More detailed pictures to follow when it quits raining around here.
  12. MJW300

New Walmart Fat Tire Bike coming in a couple weeks

Will & Wendy - I also just sent you a direct email, here are the tires I have. They came off my Dolomite before it was even ridden outdoors so they are 'factory fresh'. Let me know. Thanks. Mike
  13. MJW300

New Walmart Fat Tire Bike coming in a couple weeks

Will & Wendy - I have sold that Red Beast bike you asked about, but I do have a set of these tires and tubes off my Mongoose Dolomite, unused/new as pulled. What is your shipping info again so I can figure a shipping cost. Thanks.
  14. MJW300

77 Amf Avenger Evel Knievel MX Bike Finished Pics

Thanks for the tip, just bought it.
  15. MJW300

77 Amf Avenger Evel Knievel MX Bike Finished Pics

I'm looking for a handlebar pad like that, except just black, for my Screamer MX project. Same length, with snap buttons on it.
Back