Recent content by milbums

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. milbums

Bay Area rat rodder!

Welcome from the South Bay.
  2. milbums

54 CWC

Here it is after my test ride. I just need to figure out the stand.
  3. milbums

54 CWC

Took a trip to Goodwill today and picked up a couple of leather bags for $6 each, should be able to cover 4 seats with these. Used contact cement to glue cover and reassembled seat. On the bike. Also installed shifter, grips and pedals, just need a stand and this one should be done...
  4. milbums

Newsboy special

All together and tested, need to raise and level seat.
  5. milbums

I wanna see bike haulers!!

89 Ranger, 4 cylinder, 5 speed, crank windows, the only upgrades are AM/FM and A/C. Only 114K miles, because I usually drive a company truck. Usually take the wife's 4-runner with rack when bringing the bikes. 91, 6 cylinder, 5 speed, sunroof, Just hit 100K miles (actually took a picture...
  6. milbums

Local Legislator: No One Should Ever Ride Bikes In Suffolk County

This is a new 2014 law in CA, should be throughout the US. Bicycles: Passing Distance. AB 1371 (Bradford), known as the Three Feet for Safety Act, will require a motor vehicle driver passing a bicycle that is proceeding in the same direction to pass with no less than 3 feet between any part of...
  7. milbums

Here is another showing a bike, notice he/she is near the buffer.
  8. milbums

A buffer on both sides would be best, though if only one is available I would choose the traffic side. A lot more risk from moving traffic than the door crash. These new lanes are pretty wide and riders can create their own buffer from parked cars by riding near the buffer, which is the...
  9. milbums

I have to disagree, proper bike lanes are a blessing and much safer. I feel lucky my city has a strong politically motivated bike community and the politicians listen. New safer lanes are being installed throughout the city and they have even been removing a traffic lane to install them. The...
  10. milbums

Newsboy special

Almost together, took her out for a test ride. Was going well until. Looks like the chain will be added to the list of non original parts.
  11. milbums

SPACELINER CONVERTIBLE (A Non-Invasive Sex Reassignment)

I may be in the minority, but I like the mock up tank better than the rendering. It has a look sort of like an Airflow, and I really like the cut in style line. Though not as sleek it has a more masculine feel.
  12. milbums

SPACELINER CONVERTIBLE (A Non-Invasive Sex Reassignment)

This makes me want to start looking for a girls spaceliner.
  13. milbums

Newsboy special

Wheels installed
  14. milbums

Newsboy special

I got the front wheel laced and trued. Rear is laced, I just have to rebuild the hub and true it.
Back