Recent content by micvin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. micvin

1953 Schwinn Spitfire

Well, I usually keep things after I clean them so who knows. Haha
  2. micvin

1953 Schwinn Spitfire

Thanks for the reply and info. I agree. I may just strip everything off, make it look good enough to sell and just part it out.
  3. micvin

1953 Schwinn Spitfire

I have this 1953 20" Scwhinn Spitfire (I believe that's what it is from Serial number and headbadge) that came in a bundle buy I purchased a few months ago. I'm trying to clear out some of my bikes, especially my "child" bikes, but I may keep this one IF I think I can restore it. It's really in...
  4. micvin

Where to buy cheap tires?

Thanks guys. I haven't been to swap meets or other local markets in a while since the pandemic. This is why I was looking online. It's crazy how bikes and parts have been so popular since all the stay at home orders. I went to Walmart yesterday and just saw two bikes and a handful of tires and...
  5. micvin

Where to buy cheap tires?

I know RRB sponsors, but I am looking for places online that have he cheapest 24x1.75-2.25 tires. White walls or even colored tires. Anyone have any suggestions? I've been searching Amazon, eBay, ClydeJames and just browsing on the net and just can't seem to find too many places with prices I...
  6. micvin

Kamehameha is done!!!

Love it. I want to build something like this for myself and my teenager soon. I need to find your build thread. Nice job!
  7. micvin

BO15 La Licorne

Thanks for the photo tip!
  8. micvin

BO15 La Licorne

Hello, This will be my first RRB Build Off entry and hope I actually complete it. haha. This will be a gift to our family friend's daughter. She just turned 8 and really has never owned a bike before. I'll also be restoring another boys bike that is not a vintage cruiser for her twin brother...
  9. micvin

1964 Scwhinn ladies bike....what model?

Thanks Wildcat. I do believe it is an American Deluxe. The chain guard is chrome and the inside of the bottom bracket is blue (Radiant?). I like the red that it was repainted at one time, but it wasn't a great paint job so my uncle may want me to repaint it to it's original color. Is there a...
  10. micvin

1964 Scwhinn ladies bike....what model?

I am in the process of restoring this bike for my uncle as a Valentine's surprise for his wife. The serial number is D444665 so I know the year is 1964, but not sure on the model. I just realized that the upper bar has some tabs on the bottom of it which I am guessing is for a slimline tank. Can...
  11. micvin

SOLD Sturmey Archer 3 Speed Hub

:thumbsup:
  12. micvin

SOLD Springer Fork (Paintable - not chrome)

Still available?
  13. micvin

SOLD Sturmey Archer 3 Speed Hub

Let me know how the pending goes. I may be interested after I test out the 3-speed on a family member's bike restore.
  14. micvin

AND THAT'S A WRAP!

oops, I have no idea why I thought the deadline was 8/31. :(
  15. micvin

TPP '68 Schwinn Twinn (2nd build)

Well, I have another build HERE, but I bought a Schwinn Tandem bike and my wife wants it redone for our Vintage Rental business as an item to be rented out for photo shoots, weddings and events so it will hopefully be ready in 1-2 weeks since it took precedent to my other build, which really...
Back