Recent content by metalchewy

1. metalchewy

Hard Eight

Sprung mount modified nanner on the rear, might have a little mini sissy attached to the springs. Couple possibilities yet.
  2. metalchewy

Hard Eight

Mockup Long cranks fit, chain line still out of sight.
  3. metalchewy

Hard Eight

Tacked the BB tube in Looks square, square says its square Seat hardware mounted. (Seat will change) Bottom tube squared and tacked.
  4. metalchewy

Hard Eight

That is great, thank you. Will reach out and see what can be obtained. _-&&---&&-&&&&&&----&&-&&&-&&&---- Progress on fitting Fill a hole with a hole... Seat hardware
  5. metalchewy

Daaanger Ride

Perhaps you need a second bottom plate with steer tube on it to mount under or over your top plate with its steerer out front that you can then size the way you'd like to mount to it? Rather tha using a neck hole and just use the second steerer tube to mount and steer with.
  6. metalchewy

Hard Eight

Merle, that would be a crazy jig for sure. Possibly made by Jigs for the Islander... Hehe. No wicker jigs here. Maybe it was the wicker table or chair on the back porch. This round, the frame is being eyeballed. And critically compared to square. Cant get too twisted while working on it else...
  7. metalchewy

Hard Eight

I'd like to get this to Ralphie's Bike Shop''s grand opening show this saturday as an in progress bike. Things todo by saturday morning to try to get a rideable concept by the end of the show. 1. Finish bottom tube and bottom bracket relocation as well as Finish seat and chain stay welds...
  8. metalchewy

Hard Eight

Weld on shifter brackets and seat spring hardware now missing their zinc...
  9. metalchewy

Hard Eight

While i was thumbing thru the pages above, i found my first pic of this frame...
  10. metalchewy

Hard Eight

Rough cut
  11. metalchewy

Hard Eight

Would love to see how they did it. Without a wider shift hardware on the wheel, i couldnt figure out how to engineer it without wire or housing dragging on teeth. My wifes car is the speedster of the two. My little 273 4bbl doesnt compare to the new hemi. Just brings the old school style...
  12. metalchewy

Hard Eight

Have some zinc to remove for welding the rest of the seat hw to the frame. Vinegar works, some finishes tougher than others. Put this in at lunch, hopefully ready by this evening.
  13. metalchewy

Hard Eight

I considered one of the deep dish three speed cogs until i realized the cable has to pass next to the sprocket to reach the shift mech on the hub. I will need to get some chain sliders and route the chain inside the hoop to spin. half links are easier todo this with than a standard chain. I...
  14. metalchewy

Top-ghoul

Chain Top Bar addition? Could be cool. [emoji41] Have any more details on the sissy?
  15. metalchewy

Hard Eight

Deeper dish sprocket arrived. Gives another 1/8 on the chain line. Hoping it is enough Can barely get a glimpse of it from around the tire... O_o