Recent content by Loki182

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Loki182

LOW & LONG (WBO 2018 Scratch Built)

Nice! This is gonna be sweet when it's done.
  2. Loki182

Recent Acquisition Old Beach Cruisers, Diamond Back and Peugeot

Yeah I also thought about doing something simple like black. But I figured since the frame is already that crazy florescent pink-ish orange color to maybe just embrace the garish nature of the bike and throw a contrasting color like blue on the wheels... It would definitely be eye catching but...
  3. Loki182

I found this outside my front door...

Very cool! Looks like someone got an early Christmas present. I won't say anything about the mess, Lol. But I'm glad I'm not the only one working on bikes in my living room.
  4. Loki182

So far I have gotten as far as breaking down one of the three speed coaster wheels. Now I just need to disassemble one of the cruiser wheels, clean it up, (possibly order new spokes) and psych myself up for lacing it up with the three speed. It's been a long time since I have built a wheel so...
  5. Loki182

Hey, no worries! But yeah I had a feeling that might be what you were referring to, I just had never heard them called that before. But to be fair the Diamond back fork does have diamond shaped holes that allow washer tabs to tuck into them. So I am assuming that those would have probably...
  6. Loki182

Flightliner Rat

I love the way you did the v-brake mounts on the frame. It'll definitely keep people guessing. I'm definitely following this build, I can't wait to see where this goes.
  7. Loki182

Winter Worksman Klunker Project

Hey thank for all the input! I haven't posted in a while because I just haven't had the time to mess with this bike much lately... tis the season to be wildly busy after all. This seat came off of an older aluminum framed mountain bike. I don't know if the seat was original to that bike or...
  8. Loki182

New guy, first custom build.......

Welcome to the forum! I also jumped into bike building by going big with my first project. Now everything else is a cakewalk by comparison. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Definitely keep us posted.
  9. Loki182

Yeah that wouldn't surprise me, I definitely don't have an allusions of these being high end bikes... uncommon maybe, but nothing particularly special. They definitely do seem like well built frames though, especially the Diamond Back which is easily the stouter of the two. All I know for...
  10. Loki182

Wow, how did I miss your reply... I don't think my alerts are working properly. That's some excellent detective work! But yeah these canti Diamond Back cruisers seem to be fairly rare birds. Although I would be willing to bet that it's less a case of they didn't make very many, and it's...
  11. Loki182

Not a bike, but bike parts...

Haha! That's really clever! I may have to copy your idea.
  12. Loki182

I picked up a stray during my lunch break tonight

There's some irony for ya. But yeah I think it'll look good with black forks and maybe leave the clamps shiny as a nice accent. Also it's hard to tell from the pictures but do the fork legs extend all the way up through the triple clamps and to the handlebars? That seems like it would make for a...
  13. Loki182

I picked up a stray during my lunch break tonight

Oh very nice! I'm a sucker for choppers... like that's not obvious. Do you have any plans for it other than just riding it?
  14. Loki182

Well I was finally able to get that "seat post" out of the frame. I initially tried a liberal application of heat, penetrating oil, swear words, and hammer blows... And it still didn't budge. So I had to resort to grabbing my angle grinder and grinding some flats into it so my vise could get a...
  15. Loki182

Hopefully they didn't just hammer that sucker home, but the fact that it still had a seat post clamp that was clamped down tight gives me some hope. I guess I won't know for sure without investigating it further. Also I'm not 100% sure on the actual diameter, I'll double check that too.
Back