Recent content by LBCJ

1. LBCJ

BLACKBIRD (Skylark Convertible)

This is what I see on the fender. Definitely not a bad thing, lol. #formervwaddict
  2. LBCJ

Cheep Teena

Lol, thanks! That white coat doesn’t seem to bring the votes! Oh, well. I like it!
  3. LBCJ

Cheep Teena

Hmmm. Maybe I should have switched them when I had the chance...
  4. LBCJ

RRBBO13 Cheep Teena- Completed! Tons O Photos

Hey man! Thanks, maybe I can get another 5th place award out of ya, lol!
  5. LBCJ

There’s definitely a couple “real” spots on it already!
  6. LBCJ

Thanks man! Much appreciated.
  7. LBCJ

Well, I finally got some finished photos up! I did another 10 or so miles up and down the beach in Long Beach today. As far as the low bars and seat- I’m 6’1” and I’m used to it. Rides like a dream! More photos in the finished section. Thanks again to all of you that have been following along!
  8. LBCJ

Cheep Teena

Lots and lots of detail shots. Lots of brass hardware, no open threads or holes, every part patina’d in some way
  9. LBCJ

Cheep Teena

Build Thread: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/cheep-teena-completed-tons-o-photos.106544/ Cheep Teena is an exercise in using only readily available parts that can be obtained cheaply and easily and making them look like something custom that may have been around in this...
  10. LBCJ

Work has really thrown some curve balls my way lately. Still trying to find the time for a proper photo shoot for the final shots. Pretty sad since the bike has been done for about six weeks. Hopefully Sunday night...
  11. LBCJ

Thanks, you build some pretty B**A** stuff yourself for being way out there on that rock. Its inspiring!
  12. LBCJ

Doodad? Maybe my only one. What you’re looking at is the backside of the RRB license plate, and a custom little bracket I made to mount it in an existing hole in the fender. The primed side just got some fading with scotch brite. Trying to find the time to go get some proper final shots and...
  13. LBCJ

Thanks! I think the black base and the light sprays of black and red oxide while the texture is wet really help. The matte clear makes it all a bit darker and a lot stronger, too. Your Patina is looking good, too!
  14. LBCJ

Thanks! It’s the first time I’ve done an entire bike like this. I really like how it’s coming together!
  15. LBCJ

I do most of my mocking up one part at a time, so it really is fun to see it all come together. And to be fair, I’m working with a lot of parts that either are known to work together or I’ve used on my other bikes in the past. But this was a whirlwind. 75% of the work was done in a week!