Recent content by laidbackcool

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. laidbackcool

*Silent Assassin* - Rear Fender Added

Kingfish! My guy! Hope all is well! This is my first time being on RRB since my last post in 2017. Unfortunately, this project is dead. I’ve dealt with some adverse situations in my personal life shortly after my last post including messy divorce proceedings that transpired about 3 months after...
  2. laidbackcool

I apologize for the long wait. I decided to back to school last fall and have endured a very busy period of taking classes. It's been well worth it. Now that the semester has come to a close, I've been able to shift my focus onto the bike. The last 2 days, I have reconfigured the tail...
  3. laidbackcool

FINAL RANKINGS - Voting Results

I placed 10 votes. 9 of them finished in the Top 10...crazy!
  4. laidbackcool

Outside of needing to clear coat the metal, adding a headbadge, and a new chain (preferably a black one), the bike is pretty much done. Photos will be coming soon. Been checking out the projects in BO11...nothing short of awesome!!!!
  5. laidbackcool

Not only have I been following and admiring the developments taking place in BO11 from afar, it has rejuvenated my desire to continue working on Silent Assassin. Finally got the seat and rear fender where I want it and made some subtle changes to the seat mounting arrangement as well as the...
  6. laidbackcool

Before: After: My initial thought is either to readjust the front fender to match the height of the rear fender or lower the rear fender and use an additional fender to give it a more of a full street sweeper look. Thoughts?
  7. laidbackcool

I guess sometimes patience actually pays off. Thanks! I was able to mount the rear fender (without having to remove the rear hub caps) and so far no rub. I finally got the look I want. Now, it's time for a test ride. I will try to have an updated mock-up photo posted somtime this week.
  8. laidbackcool

After patiently waiting for the past couple of months, I finally got my hands on the monark deep rear fender needed to put the finishing touch on the mock up. It should be arriving at my doorstep this coming Tuesday!
  9. laidbackcool

Columbia Convertible Commuter *FINISHED*

This is the type of commuter that I would ride around the city and in the neighborhood. Vintage and modern all wrapped into one exquisite package. Excellent build as always:113:!
  10. laidbackcool

☣☢ VerBoten ☠ϟ - Elgin Twin Evanaction Build - Big Butt Strikes Again!!

Turquoise was the perfect color for this bike (happens to be one of my wife's favorite colors, too :thumbsup:)! Simple and clean but the details are spot on and it's downright beautiful. This build is cold-blooded :41:!!!!!
  11. laidbackcool

Apparently my old Flickr account was compromised and I was unable to access it. So I just finished making a new account :113:. I was able to take at least one photo of what the bike currently looks like before the sun goes down, so without further adieu....... Some very minor tweaking needs...
  12. laidbackcool

Even though it's been quite some time since I posted any updates on this build, I wanted to let everyone who's followed this thread know that I've been quietly working on the bike to get it finished. I went back to the cantilever frame I initially started with. The Peerless frame looks better...
  13. laidbackcool

Thanks a lot guys! I've been checking out both of your builds in the build off. You guys never disappoint!
  14. laidbackcool

For anyone following this thread, I know it's been several months since an update has been posted. Several unforeseen events have taken place over the past few months along with the fact that work has kept me extremely busy and away from the build. Luckily, I was recently able to get some time...
  15. laidbackcool

It has been a very challenging build but one that I'm very pleased with so far. I appreciate the compliment. Thank you very much. Even though I haven't posted any updated photos as of late, I have been working on the bike. The handlebars have been mounted and I love how it completely...
Back