Recent content by kevinBN7

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. kevinBN7

Belated happy 4th

folks I took this photo a few weeks ago on the 4th and thought you would enjoy it. It is my son celebrating the 4th in our own way. Kevin
  2. kevinBN7

Motorized rat rod

3. kevinBN7

1937 Packard

[/URL][/IMG]Although this isn't a "diary" of the build here is a before and after shot of a project my son and I just completed. It is a 37 Packard with skip tooth chain. We spend a lot of time working together and I will say he is very competent with a wrench in his hands.He rode it yesterday...
  4. kevinBN7

BOARDTRACKER BOMBER XIII

It looks spectacular. Well done getting the mechanicals sorted out!
  5. kevinBN7

Low Tracker

I just made my finished post! Thanks for all of your encouragement. http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-low-tracker-is-finished.85384/
  6. kevinBN7

The Low Tracker is Finished!

I will have to say this forum and project have been great to be associated with and I had a great time working on the bike and testing my fab skills. I have always wanted to build a tanks and for my first attempt I am pleased with how it turned out. all of the great encouraging comments kept the...
  7. kevinBN7

BOARDTRACKER BOMBER XIII * FINISHED *

It is good to see all of your engineering of the jack shaft and how it interfaces with the bike. Will removing the fins on the flywheel compromise the balance? Good call on the front disc brake given the speed you should see. Love the idea for the tanks. Cant wait to see the run video.
  8. kevinBN7

Low Tracker

Yes I have been riding it a lot. I used my phone speedo and it goes 25 mph. At the top end the little chinese motor sounds stressed. It is way more comfortable than it looks. I did put a softer seat on it to absorb the bumps. I get little leverage with the shorter crank so I have to plan on...
  9. kevinBN7

Low Tracker

I'm back from vacation and ready to continue on the build. The swap meets as fun and I picked up some cool stuff for the low tracker. I wired the lights to the battery box, added the rollfast head badge i got at the meet. Will be adding the glass fuel filter and fixing one final leak in the...
  10. kevinBN7

Low Tracker

It is wild to get so many positive responses to the bike and I appreciate them all. After seeing the fabrication skills of the Renaissance Man and No Joke (among many others) and having them both post, I am humbled to be in this company. I am officially hooked on bike building. No work will get...
  11. kevinBN7

Low Tracker

I got the Low Tracker running and driving today. The front fork has a lot of side to side flex. W The exhaust is louder than i hoped and i will experiment with limiting the flow at the tail pipe to see if that changes the pitch. Not as uncomfortable as it looks and fun bike to ride. Now the fine...
  12. kevinBN7

Low Tracker

My wife doesn't seem to care about me raiding the cabinets. When I steal something she gets a new something . It's a win win.
  13. kevinBN7

Low Tracker

I got the exhaust pipes cut and tacked in place. I used the radius from handlebar tube to get it where I wanted it. still need to make the bracket to hold the end. I have a ton of welding and grinding to do. I will leave the chrome on places and rust some others to see how it looks. Maybe sand...
  14. kevinBN7

Low Tracker

Thanks Bike Bum, my wife asks me why I just look at it some times. This is when you absorb the "flow" of things. I put the bike on my deck during dinner the other night just to look at it. I'm still not satisfied with the seat choices I have in the garage and questioning if the square battery...
  15. kevinBN7

Low Tracker

I have raided the kitchen cabinets again for material for the air cleaner. here is the outer screen that will hold the foam in place. it was cut from a colander. Also mounted the headlight. and started on the exhaust. when it is done I will attempt to fill the tank and run it down the road...
Back