Recent content by Kev Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Kev Higgins

Vintage Electric

Torque arms on the front? How many volts? How many amp hours?
  2. Kev Higgins

Vintage Electric

How about this then? Hellcats little beer runner pushing 3000 watts@72volts. Hits 55mph for 20 miles easy.
  3. Kev Higgins

MBBO #04! Voting time!

I'd go for 3 months. Could I start with something that is already built if it gets torn down, many things changed and turns out completely different? I'd like to use an existing bike and heavily modify it rather then building a new one.
  4. Kev Higgins

VOTE HERE! - OFFICIAL B.O. VOTE

Cheers for the nod! I'm not surprised at what's getting votes but am surprised at what isn't. Because it isn't judged by a panel, it's more a popularity contest in my opinion. Thanks again for your vote
  5. Kev Higgins

We've all won

Firstly, huge thanks to Steve for running a fantastic site and to all the moderators who spend their precious time, umm moderating. I wanted to share some thoughts I've had over the last few days... The 10th build off has finished with a winner soon to be crowned. While I wouldn't kick a podium...
  6. Kev Higgins

Red Velvet

Thanks! Got enough on my hands with the rental side of Hellcat Cycles though (hellcatcycles.com).....and international shipping would make what could be affordable custom parts prohibitively expensive.
  7. Kev Higgins

Red Velvet

Had a great day out yesterday giving the old girl a solid shakedown run with the missus. Bike performed magnificently and despite the dinner plate sized chainring rides quite nicely. It is everything I'd hoped it would be and then some. This is my David, Sistine Chapel and Mona Lisa...
  8. Kev Higgins

Red Velvet by Hellcat Cycles

99% there. Shakedown ride and beers by the river about to happen then final pics...for now, feast your eyes on some Red Velvet.
  9. Kev Higgins

Had lots of help in the shop today... Here's a teaser. I swapped the black slicks tyres for some creme goodness
  10. Kev Higgins

Ok, so bike is back from paint and nearly finished. Seeing what is near enough to the final result has inspired me to change the name from the "Black Widow" to "Red Velvet". Proper pics to come soon!
  11. Kev Higgins

Build Off Highlights

"Horsefarmer"? Dont think this is his!
  12. Kev Higgins

Finally! No she isn't finished but will be back from the paint shop in a couple hours! Everything laid out ready to be thrown at the bike...hopefully things stick. Beyond that, some final machining to do on the generator linkage jockey lever and a seatpost.
  13. Kev Higgins

MotoDromo Special II : New video! with ride...

When I first saw your build I was like, "yeah, na" but how wrong I was! Looks great...i'm not a petty man but am feeling a little threatened by the competition
  14. Kev Higgins

Picking up parts from the blaster tomorrow and off to the spray booth....getting anxious about what the final result will look like.
  15. Kev Higgins

Columbia Convertible Commuter *FINISHED*

Looking forward to seeing this one completed....feeling a little threatened :)
Back