Recent content by kentercanyon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. kentercanyon

Seeking a Humuhumu-nukunuku-apua'a Frame & Fork or Complete Bike

"Which bike wore that tree better?"
  2. kentercanyon

1940 CWC parts donor needed

Looking sweet! Nice pedals too. Does the tail light work? It's boss.
  3. kentercanyon

1940 CWC parts donor needed

So do you want to restore it to a department store bike or build something more like a beach cruiser, a Klunker, what? Sadly, it seems like we've entered the era of "pay to play" these days as donor parts and donor bikes are getting harder to find and more expensive to buy when you do. Good...
  4. kentercanyon

Pre-Ratted Tandem

Every heavily used tandem you find always has a bent backwards front fork, from slamming into the back of a parked car. The learning curve for the pilot about how long it takes to come to a stop never seems to sink in. Lovely house paint job, there. It's a Columbia frame.
  5. kentercanyon

Worksman rim/tires combos

Keep in mind a tandem usually had heavy duty spokes because they carry twice the weight. For that reason a Schwinn "Heavy Duti" is good to find and borrow the wheels from sometimes.
  6. kentercanyon

School me on "muscle"

Keep in mind "muscle cars" were a consumerist, corporate reaction to "hot rods" and the difference was that one was DIY and the other was an option you checked at the dealer when buying a NEW car. The classic road movie TWO LANE BLACKTOP pits a primer grey '55 Chevy 210 two door sedan that is...
  7. kentercanyon

vintage electric bicycle

who makes that frame?
  8. kentercanyon

My electric Schwinn ( rat rod )

Looks fun. Are the there eBike components in the saddle bag? How do you feel about front wheel drive?
  9. kentercanyon

early 1980s looptail 26" BMX Jamis Boss Sand Jam Cruiser chromoly

Seat tube is tall - aprox 22.5". Check out the tire tread pattern. So bummed I only got one tire....
  10. kentercanyon

Pre-war Schwinn dx 1939

very cool DX. I'll trade you a good Stingray frame for it! Seriously tho, let us know if you are keeping or selling it...
  11. kentercanyon

early 1980s looptail 26" BMX Jamis Boss Sand Jam Cruiser chromoly

Got this from college campus community bike shop for next to 'nuthin. Definitely shows it's era with the bright colors and Miami Vice style lettering. Only got one wheel which is sad because the tire has a pattern of sea shells for tread! c. 1979-81 Jamis "Boss Cruiser" with "Sand Jam"...
  12. kentercanyon

Woot Deal

Had not heard of this site before. I just bought an eZip bike off craigslist for way cheap and am adapting it to a workman frame. The three for sale on woot site are gone, so the price no longer is visible. How much were they sold for? curious.
  13. kentercanyon

random circa mid-80s? tandem

Yeah it's quite a mess of components, isn't it? I have a '73 Schwinn Twinn and all the part swapping threw me off. Didn't even think about it being a Schwinn!
  14. kentercanyon

random circa mid-80s? tandem

Random Tandem by kentercanyon posted Oct 30, 2016 at 1:45 AM Random local craigslist ad for tandem. ID?
  15. Random Tandem

Random Tandem

random tandem for sale locally. Any ID possible here folks?
Back