Recent content by JSO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Mystery Klunker Frame

Recently pulled this out of an old barn along with a few other frames. I have identified the other frames and was wondering if this might be pre-war? Any ideas? Thanks
  2. J

New Member w/ two fresh barn finds

Well I have to admit I got involved with another dream build and the cracked frame (of the above klunker Frame) caused me to throw this project on a nail for another day. Then yesterday....my Family and I stumbled on a gentleman who had been told that the downtown barn/shed (owned by the City)...
  3. J

Thanks for all of the leads as to their origins. Based on your imput I am probably going to donate the smaller frame and focus on the larger of the two. Located a dime sized split on the rear stay...assuming that a decent welder should be able to handle that. Is that true or is it trashed? Was...
  4. J

Too late..I have about thirty as it is now. :roll: Big believer in not being a douche when bike transactions are involved. I live in too small of a town and collect kind of a niche product. Someday this goodness will payoff and I will obtain my Holy Grail of bikes!
  5. J

Are they worthy of this type of project or should I keep searching? Any idea of vintage?
  6. J

(edit-I wrote this about six months ago and have some good stuff to add at the end of this post...check it out) I am mostly into collecting 80's & 90's MTB's. But have always toyed with the idea of taking a flat bar Klunkerish frame and sandblasting, painting and adding updated parts. Never...
Back