Recent content by Joe Monstermaker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Joe Monstermaker

Scored the elusive Schwinn Exerciser

Wow! I didn’t even realize what a treasure trove of parts this thing is! That Pink Panther bike is super cool.
  2. Joe Monstermaker

And now I’m looking at that brake… and even thinking “parking brake” if I use the tensioner knob setup…
  3. Joe Monstermaker

Oh, I didn’t know about the seat post… I’ll check that out. The old speedo is cool too.
  4. Joe Monstermaker

I’ve been watching for one of these free or super cheap for years. You know what part I want off of it!
  5. Joe Monstermaker

Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/d/bainbridge-island-vintage-track-frameset/6810949039.html
  6. Joe Monstermaker

Any ad that mentions “barn find” can be translated to the English “I’m trying to flip this junk at a big profit like I see on American Pickers”
  7. Joe Monstermaker

My Yamaha Moto-Bike returns.

Yep I can weld and it’s steel... but the bike is worth too much money to chop. I really should list the thing and sell it, I’m not that attached to it. A friend had one when it was new and I always wanted one, I got this one in the ‘90s when they were hard to find (especially because we didn’t...
  8. Joe Monstermaker

My Yamaha Moto-Bike returns.

I’ve got one, a ‘76. Parts are still around on eBay now and then but tend to be pricey. The only part I’m missing and the hardest to find is the chain guard... because, of course, we all trashed those the day we got these things. They turn up, but I’m unwilling to spend the money they go for...
  9. Joe Monstermaker

Dyno Bike pics

I’ve posted my Dyno before but it’s been several years. I’m wanting to do something, maybe a set of Boa-G tires. What color? I’m thinking brown because I have brown grips and seat. It’s got nice original black cherry paint that I wish I could get over the idea of preserving, because I have a...
  10. Joe Monstermaker

And he is in Hawaii... everything rusts there. I get it that things are expensive there, but the 1961 part is hilarious.
  11. Joe Monstermaker

Niagara Cycle

RATS!!! They were the go-to parts source for me!!! They should have raised prices to stay afloat, I’d have paid more, it wasn’t the absolute bottom dollar bargain I was after, it was the selection and availability of just about everything that I liked. Rats.
  12. Joe Monstermaker

I messsged that one and told him that was like saying he had a 1961 iPhone for sale!
  13. Joe Monstermaker

Haulers, what do you haul your bike in?

I’m surprised it isn’t right-hand-drive. It’s an English Ford. You can tell by the crooked teeth.
  14. Joe Monstermaker

STRETCH CRUISER ADVICE NEEDED!!!

I’ve got a Dyno Roadster, and my suggestion is to do what I did and put a 5-speed hub on it. Like others have said, hills are an issue and you will really want gears. I do think a backrest would be a good thing, if I can figure one out that doesn’t look wrong.
  15. Joe Monstermaker

1986 Schwinn predator Free Form z

Lol it’s a good thing you’re not set on $800!!!! Been watching “American Pickers” a little too much?
Back