Recent content by jasper87

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. jasper87

FAVORITE PHOTO VOTE

Thanksfor the vote Bike Bum:thumbsup: Unfortunately as I was down to the wire it wasn't my first or even second choice of background, but I did the best with what I had. I happened to be laying flat on my stomach about 25ft away with a 200mm lens at about f3.5 for that shallow depth of field...
  2. jasper87

MotoDromo Special II... cutting it close.

Haha thanks. You should definitely build a motorized bike, I built my first one while in college in my in my 3rd floor apartment kitchen. Rode it to class every day:thumbsup: Thanks, lol I cant recommend it more, definitely opens up a world of fun:crazy:. I got the sprocket from a broken...
  3. jasper87

Thanks Kingfish:thumbsup: I really had a blast building it. I guess the years of trolling sites like BikeExif finally paid off.
  4. jasper87

Haha how right you are, I almost forgot what the sun looked like:rolleyes: And you'd be more than welcome to take it for a spin, thanks!:thumbsup: Thanks! I really put my heart and soul into this one, an homage to a life long love of racing and vintage motorcycles. And on a surprisingly small...
  5. jasper87

MotoDromo Special II : New video! with ride...

Thanks, thanks and thanks!!:grin: Wohoo thanks!:thumbsup:
  6. jasper87

Thanks! Sweet thanks! And I almost didn't make the vid... Thanks! It's good to stretch her legs... Thanks! Definitely an epic 10th build off.
  7. jasper87

Shoot!:( I forgot the finished build threads would be locked after the deadline, I just finished editing a little video I wanted to add to my post. Oh well, here it is anyway
  8. jasper87

Thanks! and I did! Thanks! Thanks! I had no idea how the pipes would sound, but they sound way better than a single pipe:grin: Indeed it does! It was a tight one :thumbsup: Thanks!:thumbsup: Thanks! yea the sound turned out way different than any motorized bike ive ever heard... Went...
  9. jasper87

Well I cut that one a little closer than I would have liked, but better late than never. I have to admit I kinda burned myself out getting the bike done for last weeks Shiny Side Up show, and this week I was swamped at work. So instead of some subtle paint I went with some sticker bombing;) With...
  10. jasper87

It lives! I hope to see some of you tomorrow at the Shiny Side Up show!! Ill be wearing my RRB T-shirt:thumbsup:
  11. jasper87

With all the fab work done all that's left is a few details and odds and ends, so I started with the fairing. I made these mounting brackets that attach to the top fork tree, but like a derp I forgot to take a pic of it mounted:oops: Then I tackled the wiring. Since I got the new throttle I...
  12. jasper87

Haha indeed:thumbsup: Thanks! The 1/4 inch seat plate with the support bar underneath is very strong and there is no flex at all. I got about an 1/8 of clearance to the tire:grin: Thanks bud:thumbsup: I took a lot of inspiration from Shinya Kimura Haha Thanks:grin: Thanks:blush: Ive...
  13. jasper87

Lots of progress today, but first @j.sutterfield was kind enough to mention that my boost bottle placement was not going to work, so I needed to find a cool place above the carb... Its hidden now but I think this should do the trick:grin: I could tuck the tube under the seat but I kinda like...
  14. jasper87

Even if I had the time I don't think I would paint it, Im going to give it a nice brushed finish with some accent stripes and my logo in semi polish...I think:39:
  15. jasper87

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize that about the boost bottle! The air filter is a real vintage Indy velocity stack I picked up at a Goodguys swap... It took a lot of massaging to get it to fit. Thanks! I've been wanting to get some Biltwell stuff for a while...
Back