Recent content by Hammond Eggz

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Hammond Eggz

Show me your older 26" mtb, turned modern day gravel grinder.

You know, I did this to my old Diamondback (bought new in '92 or '93) a few years back, and I hated it. :bigsmile: I think I went too far, trying to make it a comfort bike, and with the weird/wild style, with mini-apes, white grips, whitewall tires, etc. I'm going to have to revisit this idea...
  2. Hammond Eggz

S&S Rainbow 5 Speed

:inlove: Wowwwww!
  3. Hammond Eggz

SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

I've been wanting to do a Klunker or Bomber based on a Schwinn DX for years, was just waiting for the right bike to come along. Finally got this '50 DX frame and decided it was time to do something about it. I may still add a laid-back seat post, and possibly a double-clamp stem with a BMX...
  4. Hammond Eggz

24x3 whitewalls

Here ya go: https://www.ebay.com/i/331882920758?chn=ps&var=540947971568 (Or another used option: https://offerup.com/item/detail/424089494/ ) I used those on my Electra Rally. :cool2:
  5. Hammond Eggz

NO LONGER NEEDED Chrome tubular (BMX style) fork with bearings, hardware, etc.

Thanks, Rafael - I found one. Appreciate you offering, though!
  6. Hammond Eggz

LOL. Thanks, Jason - I'll check them out! Thanks for the offer, rrtbike, but looking for chrome this time.
  7. Hammond Eggz

For 26" vintage Schwinn frame Klunker project. Anybody have one complete with all the goodies?
  8. Hammond Eggz

Springer fork for Klunker?

OK, thanks guys. I can't imagine doing any heavy-duty hucking on this (I have actual mtn. bikes for that, and I'm getting too danged old for anything too radical these days, anyway! :happy: ), so I'm not too worried about the spring doing anything extreme, other than maybe evening out the bumps...
  9. Hammond Eggz

1940 Schwinn DX Klunker Build

Soooo...any updates? I just started a klunker build myself, with a lot of ideas very similar to yours, and was really happy to come across this thread! I would love to see how it came out!
  10. Hammond Eggz

Springer fork for Klunker?

I don't think I've ever seen a klunker build using a springer. Is there a reason for that, or is it just not "traditional"? Seems like a springer would give a way better off-road ride. I have an original Schwinn piece that seems pretty heavy-duty - way more solid than the newer...
  11. Hammond Eggz

Hotrod Silverking

Wow, that is just a beauty - and so cool on so many levels! :43:
  12. Hammond Eggz

'51 Schwinn Dx

:inlove:
  13. Hammond Eggz

Crusty Klunker budget build

Great looking bike! Love those big ol' knobbies! :grin:
Back