Recent content by Gaby C

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Gaby C

Vintage-Classic Bike Ride Appleton Wisconsin July 1

Time for another vintage bike ride on Friday, July 1st! This time we will start at Erb park and end up at Mark's Popcorn Stand. As always all bicycles are welcome but vintage and classic rides are encouraged. This time we also encourage you to decorate your bike for Independence Day. Check 2...
  2. Gaby C

Options for fitting new seat on Lucky 7 seatpost

On my '40 CWC, I used the clamp in the picture for my Gyes GS-07 saddle, and it attached fine to the original solid lucky seven post. I weigh close to 200 lbs and had no problems with it moving, I didn't use any spacers.
  3. Gaby C

ORBO 2016 VOTING THREAD!

23! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Gaby C

Let's see your Cleveland Welding bicycles!

Here's another chain guard I've thought of using. I like how the the "paisley" cut-outs match the chain ring.
  5. Gaby C

Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

Here is an HDR shot I took of my 1961 Flying Star, in an empty house. I've added a lot of incorrect parts, but I like the way it looks. I believe it was 7° that day.
  6. Gaby C

Let's see your Cleveland Welding bicycles!

Here's my 1940 Roadmaster. I found the chainguard on another bike and liked the way it looks. The saddle is a Gyes.
  7. Gaby C

Ride with the Skip Tooth Tigers in Oshkosh, Wisconsin

Join us! Wednesday nights, weather permitting at 7 PM. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Skip-Tooth-Tigers-Cruiser-Club/130852943646439
  8. Gaby C

bike clubs

Us Skip Toothers ride in Oshkosh. Join us! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Skip-Tooth-Tigers-Cruiser-Club/130852943646439
  9. Gaby C

The Unknown Chainguard

Thank you for the replies!
  10. Gaby C

Advice on my boatload of AS seat post clamps

Thanks for the advice, I definitely wasn't planning to sell them as a group.
  11. Gaby C

I see your point, I wasn't planning on selling them on ratrodbikes; but on ebay and craigslist where I live. Thanks.
  12. Gaby C

The Unknown Chainguard

Can any one out there ID this chain guard? Appears to have been repainted. I got it with a box of parts. Measures about 19 1/2 inches long. Thank you - Gaby C
  13. Gaby C

I recently obtained 31 AS seat post clamps, mostly round bolts but also a few D-bolt style (some of which have a larger "AS" than others). My question is - How many would you keep? :?: I currently have one of the d-bolts on ebay - I searched ebay completed listings and found one in worse...
  14. Gaby C

You and your first bike.

Summer of '72, 8th and Mt. Vernon, San Bernardino, CA. Me and my Murray (hand-me-down from my brother.) It had a rear slick, and I added the green visibility flag to the sissy-bar. I don't remember what happened to the bike; maybe, like my old trike, my mom perhaps "gave it to the nuns." That...
  15. Gaby C

New guy from Wisconsin via California

Thanks! I like your signature! My avatar is me on my Murray in 1972, on 8th and Mt. Vernon in San Bernardino, CA. That thing weighed a ton; but my rear tire was a slick, so my friends thought it was cool. Note the green visibility flag on the sissy-bar, a must have for the season. None of our...
Back