Recent content by franconuevo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. franconuevo

(MBBO#6 Class 2) Twist of Lemon

Wow, that's a heart and soul build bro, an engineering masterpiece, and a welding textbook all in one. I've been out of the loop for a bit, bought a house and it's a bona fide fixer upper so I've been back to my original trade of woodworking , roofing, painting, etc on the ol' money pit. BUT...
  2. franconuevo

Show Off Your Finished Huffy Cranbrook's and Nel Lusso

Yes, I've done that a lot , on beach cruisers, sure many others have too. Just make sure it's wide enough and long enough to fit over the fenders and the wide tires. Of course you could always find an old Cranbrook or any beach cruiser for that matter, could be a Huffy, or a Murray for cheap on...
  3. franconuevo

(ORBO) Hanter The Elite Beast ( FINISHED )

Older thread , but the Question: What's the history on Hanter Bikes? The reason I ask, just saw a HANTER MOUNTAIN BIKE, in Goodwill, with a sticker 'shock' price of $200.00. What's up with that? :13: Does some old lady working at Goodwill know more about the value of these bikes than us...
  4. franconuevo

MBBO#06 Class 2: As yet unnamed... (Maybe: Monkey see, monkey do?)

Boy, have we all had days like this. that's when I usually get set up, and then just stare into space, thinking of other things, usually things like what I'm going to do with the other three half bikes leaning against the house in the back yard. Then, I pack it all up and go 'well there's a...
  5. franconuevo

Rat-Fink Santa - Class 1, Finished

I agree, needs one little pop of red on the front end, whether a reflector or grips as O.J. mentioned. otherwise that is one sweet looking little bike. WoW.
  6. franconuevo

Best gearing for 26" single speed

along the lines of what dizzle Problems said above, it's dependent on terrain, your strength, conditioning, or lack thereof...I'm in flatland Florida, so you don't wanna spin out all over the place, and you don't want it too hard going, cuz when you hit a causeway, they are almost like a mini...
  7. franconuevo

Murray Westport

Sometime crusty ones left out in the elements can work. The Monterey is a great start to any build bike, that's for sure. For one build off on here, I started with a newer late 80s Monterey and 'aged' it using a lot of tricks I learned here about rustification..(thanks to Odd Job and others)...
  8. franconuevo

Murray Westport

Wow, those must be hot spots for those bikes, I suppose. It's like hipsters in N.Y.C. will pay 200 bucks for a vintage 70s, 80s touring bike, here in Florida, I can't give them away. o_O I fix them up anyway , because they're fun.:happy:
  9. franconuevo

Murray Westport

They're great riding bikes..nice lines too. I've sold a couple of those, and the cousin to that bike the Monterey. All dependent on where you are. location is key. Around this part of Florida,(land of the cheapies)..that fetches about $85.00 Even if you spent all day detailing it, new...
  10. franconuevo

Latest Cool Finds, Mohawk Autobike Allpro Mystery Cruiser

Yes, I thought so Wildcat. I should know that, I just sold one last week looks just like the one in your picture. The crank on the green one is stamped ('something') 78. I didn't know the monterey went back to the 70s.
  11. franconuevo

Latest Cool Finds, Mohawk Autobike Allpro Mystery Cruiser

Hello All...Found a couple of goodies last week. Have a look 1970s H.P. Snyder Mohawk 3 Speed Touring Bike Kmart Allpro Autobike 1200 6 Speed Self Shifting Cleaned serviced adjusted, this thing rides great and the shifting actually works great. I had read that the gears 'clunk'...
  12. franconuevo

ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

Found the 1981 Traveler the other day, finished rehabbing that, AND, finally rediscovered the 1984 Schwinn World that I forgot I even had, and of course it re-rusted again in the Florida shed..touched up and re adjusted..Both good to go. franco 1981 Schwinn Traveler 1984 Schwinn World
  13. franconuevo

ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

NICE. Now there's a bike that costs more than my car.:happy: What year? I wonder if he still builds each bike himself.? Thanks for sharing, Franco
  14. franconuevo

Sram X3 Dérailleur TOAST. what's a good substitute ? thanks, Franco

That's good information right there, thanks so much this is the second one now..another one was on a Schwinn..supposedly a high end dept store Schwinn you know looks OK on the outside but inside it's falling apart..(kinda like my life..:bigsmile:) I'm pretty sure it was the same...
  15. franconuevo

Sram X3 Dérailleur TOAST. what's a good substitute ? thanks, Franco

thanks Clancy. that's not a bad price I thought they might run higher..no bike co-ops unfortanately, only LBS shops, and I get a nosebleed when I walk into the local Bike Shop. So, we'll go online and order... :happy: franco
Back