Recent content by dxtom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. D

CHICAGO TAILDRAGGERS ~~~ Dec 12th Bricks Pizza & Zoo Lights

Great time. First danger ride in the city at night.
  2. D

Looks like a great time for road trip from Ohio. The weather was the big factor. I'll see you guys sat. Tom.
  3. D

chain question

I have 15 bikes with a skip link chain. No problems. Inspection for cracks is key. Most chain have some age on them.
  4. D

thick bricks

I've had tp above 50 psi. You can run higher pressure. The problem I had was the tire rubbing the chain.
  5. D

Springer fork Spring

Try Memory Lane website I'm sure they have what your looking for.
  6. D

Where can I find these fenders?

Nice fenders. Post on Thecabe. It's great source of info.
  7. D

CL still selling jokes over good bikes~

The Joker lives on. I wonder if there are any youtube videos of those sweet jumps.
  8. D

Anyone hear about Tony Stewart?

A moment a silence for that young man. As a fan of the sport. Most drivers are alpha and this blindness of proving he's point to Smoke cost him. Sprint Cars drivers have family's. To think a fellow driver would do that intentionally is hard to believe.
  9. D

The Skid Marks

Mile HIGH city. NO fat tire riders? Let's go one mile. :bigboss:
  10. D

New member with a Schwinn Tornado

Welcome to RatRod world. As a fellow roadie I use vintage heavy bikes for strength training. Helps in hill climbing. The Schwinn twin bar nice.:bigboss:
  11. D

The 50 + miler Columbia Torpedo Blast solo bike run

2 Speed hub. I should've known. I've got a 65 with lucky 7 sprocket 35 welded to 24 rims with thick bricks. It's a great beach bike. Next build a 65 with a 3 speed on 26 in wheels. What frame did you use? Looks like a dx. Was their a lot of modification to the frame?
  12. D

The 50 + miler Columbia Torpedo Blast solo bike run

You're one tough dude with that 65 ring gear with a 22 rear sprocket. Avg speed?:bigboss:
  13. D

Paperboy - 90 Years Old

I enjoy hearing about people like this. Here in Eaton OH. Their is this gentlemen that's a WW II and Korea vet he rides and fixes bikes. We have become friends trading labor and parts . I could go on about him. He inspires me to be a better person and pass it on.
  14. D

Great place. Had the cod.
  15. D

Cruiser Bike Water Bottle Solution

That's thinking. :bigboss:
Back