Recent content by David Baker

1. David Baker

BO15 HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER

Just a cool use for a bunch of step throughs. Found on a trip to the high altitude town of Buena Vista Colorado.
  2. David Baker

BO15 HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER

Thank is for your interest in the build! I just happened to have some t-nuts so I went with those. This is a really light insert and I did a mock up after being put together, it’s sturdy. I am making another tank for my rider and may use threaded inserts. Thanks for your suggestion!
  3. David Baker

BO15 HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER

Worked a little bit on the Sissy Bar brake mount while I impatiently wait for my 3 speed hub to come back as a wheel from the shop. I epoxied an oak dowel inside the copper tubing so I could Bolt It as tightly as possible to the brake. It received a quick prime and paint and now awaits assembly.
  4. David Baker

BO15 HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER

While I impatiently wait for my hub to come back from the shop, reborn as a complete wheel, I decided build a tank for my current rider. I chose to cover the High Plains Drifter in fur, and fastened from the bottom using T-nuts. This tank will have the same wooden center, With T-nuts attaching...
  5. David Baker

BO15 HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER

Kent Abyss freestyle
  6. David Baker

BO15 HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER

Someone dumped this ratted up mountain bike next to my house a while ago. I let it sit for two weeks and last night it decided that it was mine. Most everything was wrecked and trashed on the bike, though I salvaged the best parts. I even liberated a pair of rat trap pedals from the thing that...
  7. David Baker

BO15 HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER

Finally brought my 3 speed hub in to get laced on to a rim. The owner of my favorite bike shop does great work and cares about what he does. The shop was empty of bikes which made me happy. They are so busy repairing. This wheel was the crux of my build. A big relief that I get this done.
  8. David Baker

BO15 HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER

Thank you much! I hope I finish.
  9. David Baker

BO15 HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER

Nice Stewart Warner speedo showed up in the mail. I hope the cable works or it will be all show and no go.
  10. David Baker

BO15 SteamRoller - (FirstPassAtPaintColors + JustSayNoToMakitaBlue)

I I think another springer like the one on the back would flow nicely. Do what ya got to do.
  11. David Baker

BO15 HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER

If I get stressed out, I can go home I my safe space and pet my bike.
  12. David Baker

BO15 HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER

Page two will make you sad or make you work. Spending time looking at all the hardware in the hardware store can solve some problems. Lots of different options for fastening things.
  13. David Baker

BO15 HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER

I got a little bit of the “page two flu”, so I did a little bit of work. I glued the fur on to my insert, using spray glue on the body and hot glued the seems. I’m quite happy with how it looks. Hopefully I can head out to one of our bike shops to see if I can find someone to lace a wheel with...