Recent content by CRASH

1. CRASH

MBBO 2020-2021 opinions needed

But you and I have both submitted bikes that don’t have finishes, am I right? Regardless, muscle bikes have always been about nice finishes. Obviously this being RRB, that’s never been a hard and fast rule, but do you think it should? “2 of 3 and painted finish?”
  2. CRASH

The reasoning behind multiple entries is to boost up the bike numbers. The MBBO, or whatever we’re calling it now, isn’t the RRBO. You won’t see 60 entries, and participation has been dwindling. You’ll be lucky if 10 guys enter I’ll bet. So maybe a compromise at no more than 2 entries? Also...
  3. CRASH

Crash tried 3 or 4. You may remember I haven’t finished any in the past 2 years. I have a job that increases hours and days worked through the holidays, so it has seriously affected my ability to work on bikes during the timeframe.
  4. CRASH

I voted for just MBBO because... well... that's what I do. But I'll chime in on the BMX piece since that's the way it's leaning: Don't limit wheel size. So what if it's a klunker? Maybe limit gears to 1 since BMX bikes aren't mult-geared? But maybe there is a dude that wants to build a 26"...
  5. CRASH

First time ever building a bike, completely new to the whole thing, advice and help welcome. Huffy Dragster

I am not sure if there is a difference between the headtube lengths of Dragsters through the years. I’m confident they’ll fit, but since you’re close, I thought it would be safer to test it. But, if you can’t make it up I can send it down to you.
  6. CRASH

First time ever building a bike, completely new to the whole thing, advice and help welcome. Huffy Dragster

I’m off work this week. PM me if you want to set up a day and time to come by.
  7. CRASH

Muscle bike build off

@GuitarlCarl us still trying to craft an Excuse why he can’t, when he know he can.
  8. CRASH

Muscle bike build off

What about @RustyGold ? He “likes” just about every post I make, so you know he has the time!
  9. CRASH

Sure, but since you’re close, I’d recommend bringing up the frame so you can make sure they fit.
  10. CRASH

The pedals you'd want if you want to go with a pretty accurate restoration: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-1-2-Classic-Block-Pedals-Union-Waffle-for-Schwinn-Old-School/223897871498?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
  11. CRASH

First... Welcome! I got bitten by the bug years ago, and got into restoring muscle bikes. Click the link on my signature below and you'll see what I've done, which includes a few Huffys, including one Dragster. Second... where in California? I live in Visalia, just south of Fresno...
  12. CRASH

Crash's Bike Build page

Updated the King Cuda. Follow the link to see all the updated photos.
  13. CRASH

"King 'Cuda" (1972 Ross) *4-year UPDATE!*

4 years later... an update. What prompted this is a few things. First, the sissy bar was at least 4" too tall, as you can see in the original "final" pics. So I had it cut, rewelded, and rechromed. I had broken the bike completely down, and it took me 4 years to put it back together... just...
  14. CRASH

Muscle bike build off

or @Chad T !! :D
  15. CRASH

Muscle bike build off

If Luke isn't available, and Kingfish is scared :P I'll throw @GuitarlCarl under the bus and nominate him! :D I'd volunteer, but since I now work in a place that gets slammed during the retail peak season, I haven't even been able to finish a bike for the last 2 years. I'm going to really...