Recent content by Clannagh

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Clannagh

British Raleigh 'Superbe Roadster'

Hi Lucas I think it's a trick of the light and those rims reflecting all the surrounding colours, looks nice though. Wonder if it would go viral if I stick on Facebook :-)
  2. Clannagh

Hi Lucas I've just sold this bike last week, someone made me an offer so I let it go... Guess I will have to build another now:-) wheels are Weinmann DP18 with the stickers removed
  3. Clannagh

My son outgrew his Chopper

Go on you know you want to;-) Theres not much left of the original frame in this though. Looking over it I think the only section that hasnt been modified is the bottom bracket and first 8" of bottom tube, also the front 9" or so of top tube. Everything else has either been cut, bent, extended...
  4. Clannagh

Hi Luke How can i put it it rides 'floppy' actually its not toooo bad, the steering turns to about 85º and turning circle is still huge and very very light on the front wheel, hence no front brake. I couldn't see it actually being a great deal of use (ill probably regret saying that). I have...
  5. Clannagh

Hi Yes lots of work, I shortened the chain stays to pull the rear wheel in closer to seat tube, then shortened the seat stays and relocated them with a homemade lug further down the seat tube, notice how narrow the rear brake bridge is now. Front forks are also shortened an 1" or so, removed...
  6. Clannagh

He only rode it a year or so before outgrowing it... So I claimed it back;) DSC_0003 by Clannagh, on Flickr DSC_0350 by Clannagh, on Flickr IMG_2780 by Clannagh, on Flickr IMG_2813 by Clannagh, on Flickr IMG_2830 by Clannagh, on Flickr A short walk around movie here https://flic.kr/p/nViviX
  7. Clannagh

The original bike belonged to an old guy from new, he had ridden it to work for over 50 years. On his retirement it went into his garage. sadly he died a while back and the bike fell into my hands, its become a great commuter again:)
  8. Clannagh

Thanks Guys Its always a scary moment posting something up for the World to see, never know what the reaction will be:)
  9. Clannagh

A 1950's Raleigh 'Superbe Roadster Model' frame (Notice the removable bolt on rear seat stays). Their super deluxe version Sported roller lever rod operated brakes and a dynohub lighting system. These bikes were designed to cope with cobblestones and unpaved footpaths. Often seen ridden by the...
  10. Clannagh

Hi All I just like building things I guess. Here's my stretched chopper under construction

Thanks Luke I spent some time pondering over fancy drilled brackets etc. then decided keep it simple less is more and all that. The mounts are just some hollow tubes welded on with a captive nut for the mudgaurd securing bolts.
  11. Clannagh

Hi All I just like building things I guess. Here's my stretched chopper under construction

Hi Well spotted!.Yep it all clears.. just. I built it up and and a few test rides, the right hand rear dropout has a step to allow for chain clearance also the right hand seat stay is slightly wider from the centre line than the left. IMG_2779 by Clannagh, on Flickr
  12. Clannagh

1945 Elgin

lots of lovely work, we're using the same tools part from those magnetic tube holding thingies i need a pair of those. Looks ace so far:)
  13. Clannagh

GUMBY RUMPUS by Junknutz1975

Wow thats just a lovely object:)
  14. Clannagh

Hi sorry for my delay in replying been a busy few days. Thank you all for showing an interest in my build, i wasn't sure how it would go down still a way to go but it's getting there. It's the little things that take the time :-) A short walk around video
Back