Recent content by Blueboy5000

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

birthday gift

More excellent paint work! And great screen name! Combaticons rule!
  2. B

Finished my 1984 Mongoose Expert

Gorgeous! I used to rock one of these in the 1980's. Beautiful job, man.
  3. B

Show Your Aluminum Builds

The Dominator is Smexy. That would be perfect for my pocket bike engine.
  4. B

"A Serious Ride": Getting Serious Again...

Re: "A Serious Ride": Raleigh M20 Cruiser Conversion- finished Gorgeous! All you need now are some fork struts!
  5. B

Time to Build this here Murray!

So at the local Savers, I found a Murray Cat Muscle Bike! Let the build madness begin! After ripping her apart, here's what I've got so far. Pretty much a complete Muscle Cat-Rat Here's the frame, complete with 1000 layers of spray bomb smh... Here's the Murray Springer, probably my...
  6. B

Rusoleum Vs Krylon

I like Rustoleum. It's thick and coats evenly. But Kyrlon is pretty good too.
  7. B

Murray Muscle Cats?

Yesterday I found a very spray-bombed Murray Cat 20" Muscle Bike. It has a trap springer fork which I'm not certain is stock. Does anybody know about these bikes? Where are the serial numbers located? What years were they produced? It's a neat looking frame, I'm thinking I might use it for the...
  8. B

MATTATUCK HUB ?

The Mattatuck hubs were built right here in my hometown of Waterbury CT. They were an independent company, but New Departure bought them in the 1940's. The Mattatuck hubs contain similar internals to New Departure Model D hubs, including the same bearings. Great hubs, if they're still working...
  9. B

i like 'em shiny!

Like I said, patina has validity. And I make no statements about what is rat or not. I've been restoring bicycles since 1986, and have never preserved rustiness. Not that I wouldn't, but my personal projects required paint. There's no point clearing over paint so bad that it's lost all...
  10. B

pirana for x-mas

WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: That's one hecks of a fleet! Awesome!
  11. B

i like 'em shiny!

I do respect patina, but I find I like clean, shiny bikes better. I've been warned that loving clean, re-painted bikes could cause a forfeiture of my "rat" card. My argument is " to each his own". But I do feel as though significantly more work is involved with refinishing. And I also feel...
  12. B

The Clockwork Motorcycle Project

Is this a clock-work motor? Like a spring tension drive? If so COOL!!! :D :D :D
  13. B

Handle bar tube stuck in head tube HELP

Propane torches are your friends. Sure they can eat up paint, but propane is too cold a fire to ruin steel. Simply heat the shineola out of the lock nut, then spray with water from a spray bottle. The rapid heating and cooling will break dielectric oxidization (aluminum rusts just like steel...
  14. B

Lets see your BLUE colored bikes

Here's my 1954 Rollfast: And here's my OCC chopper: Here's my Kaluna 7spd: I like blue bikes! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  15. B

absolutely ridiculous!!!??

Yeah I know, I used to have these on the floor in my shop. No way it's worth more than 150. Those frames are some of the weakest most primitive MMC alloy ever produced. I completely fail to see how this bike which is NOT 100% stock is worth this much.
Back